1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support for Windows 10 Devices While In Touch-Input-Only (Tablet) Mode

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Lee Rhoads, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Lee Rhoads

Lee Rhoads New Member

Dear Across Development Team,

I just started using Across with my Windows 10 Pro HP 2-in-1 notebook PC and iPhone 8 SE this week. I love it, even though I am forced to use v1.30 (due to issues with the Windows 10 1809 update) and am also forced to have the PC's detachable physical keyboard attached.

I would love this software a lot more if I was able to use it in tablet mode (while the physical keyboard was not attached).

Please add on-screen keyboard support to the Windows 10 Server Mode features for switching between devices and for typing on client devices.

Thanks,
    Lee

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thanks for the nice suggestion. I'll have added the feature today. (to the coming next version) Another good news is we will order a certificate to sign our application binaries for release on the coming Monday. :)

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Have added the feature. Unfortunately not sure whether you will be satisfied with the feature. I don't know the exact reason -- not sure whether the Win10 OnScreen keyboard would suck or my laptop (dell xps 13) would suck. Anyway, once you have experienced the next version, you will easily get understood what I mean. :D

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Previously I was testing with the legacy onscreen keyboard (WIN + CTRL + O) that does not seem to work beautifully. Now I got to know there is the builtin sophiscated onscreen keyboard and onscreen touchpad in Windows 10. :) I agree to you that the onscreen keyboard and touchpad are quite useful, and the next version of across will support them. I mean, I have already added the feature and am shocked a little bit. We can control all devices with a Windows tablet PC!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  5. Lee Rhoads

Lee Rhoads New Member

Seungjin Lee,

I experimented with the legacy onscreen keyboard (WIN + CTRL + O). I was unable to type on my phone or switch the input. I tried both with and without a physical keyboard attached. Thank you for adding support for the Windows 10 touch keyboard (the one you describe as "the builtin sophiscated onscreen keyboard"). When are you planning to release the next version? I haven't responded to your posts until now because I was waiting for your next release so I could try your changes first before responding.

By the way, it would be nice if you would update your download page (https://download.acrosscenter.com/) with the links and information in your community post "Windows 10 1809 Update Issue" (https://community.acrosscenter.com/index.php?threads/windows-10-1809-update-issue.167/).

Regards,
    Lee