1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow trackpad movement on client machines from Mac Mini M1

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Daniel Schutzsmith, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Daniel Schutzsmith

Daniel Schutzsmith New Member

Loving the app and been using it for several months on a 2012 macbook pro with an ipad pro, and a 2018 Macbook Pro. No worries or issues there.

Today I just received a brand new Mac Mini M1 on Big Sur, Mac OSX 11.2.3 and setup everything to discover that Across is very sluggish on the client machines. It allows the cursor to go into the other clients but the cursor movement is very slow. Same thing with typing, works very slowly.

I turned off wifi completely to rule that out and still was sluggish.

Have their been any known issues with the new M1 chip? If so, any work arounds? I tried searching the forums but it kept refusing to do the search because it wasn't enough words.

Thanks for any help!

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Daniel Shutzsmith,

Yes, I am experiencing the same problem in a M1 MBP. But no issues in an Intel Mac of Big Sur.

I am sorry to say I recommend you to contact Apple instead of us.

Thank you.

Honestly, I don't want to report any macOS bugs to Apple. I was very disappointed with their attitudes.

3. Daniel Schutzsmith

Thanks for responding so quickly! This doesn't seem like something that Apple would be able to help with since it's a software issue, in this case Across.

Will you be working on a fix for M1 compatibility? From what I've read, it looks like Across is running right now via Rosetta 2 but ideally it would be great to work with Native M1 support.

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

I think you would not know the "M1 Bluetooth issues" in Big Sur. Plz google with "M1 Bluetooth issues".

After reading each articles, you may want to return your Mac Mini because the definitive model experiencing M1 BT issues is 'Mac Mini'. :rolleyes:

5. Daniel Schutzsmith

Ahhhhh, I wasn't aware. Thanks for the insight. I'll keep an eye on that.

6. Daniel Schutzsmith

Has anyone discovered a solution yet?