1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrolling rate on client

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by DSwofford, Mar 15, 2021.

1. DSwofford

DSwofford New Member

Hi,

I've been using Across Center for a couple of days and like it very much (solves multiple issues I was having with ShareMouse). I am strongly considering a lifetime license but there is one issue that I need to solve before taking this plunge.

My configuration is two MacBook Pros (one running Catalina and the other Mojave) with an Apple Thunderbolt connected to the Catalina Mac. I run the server on Catalina and the client on Mojave, and have a Bluetooth Apple keyboard and Magic Mouse connected to the Catalina. When I switch to the Mojave screen, the scrolling rate is unacceptably fast using either the Catalina trackpad or mouse (it is usable, but so fast that I typically overshoot unless I am very careful). I have tried everything I can think of in the System Preferences for Mouse and Accessibility to slow down the scrolling, with no success.

Is there some way to fix this?

Dave Swofford
    Phylosolutions.com

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Dave Swofford,

Thanks for your interest in across.
    Also I have been feeling the need of tuning of scrolling speed. We will try to tune the scroll speed ASAP.

Did you try to switch input channel to via Network instead of BT?

3. DSwofford

DSwofford New Member

I have tried switching to network, but I'm not sure how to do it. I set my network adaptor to Thunderbolt Bridge (this network works fine for file sharing between the two macs) and I set "network" as the preferred input channel, but my connection status always shows BT. I can't just turn BT off because my keyboard and mouse are both BT devices. What am I doing wrong?

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

It seems to me that everything works well. After setting the preferred input channel with Network, check how the mouse scroll works.

Post the screenshot of "Across Center" and let me know what makes you think so.

The simplest check whether the current input channel is BT or Network is to see if gestures work on the client Mac or not. If gestures work well, the input channel is network. Otherwise, it's via BT.

At least, for Mac-Mac connection & via network channel, the mouse scroll must work with the same rate for both Mac's.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  5. DSwofford

DSwofford New Member

What was making me think so was that the NET-CTRL and NET-DATA items in Connection Status were dimmed even right after a fresh restart of both systems (using the demo version). I think the problem was that I had the demo mode set to Basic. After fixing that, I can confirm that the scrolling rate is the same for both the server and client machines when the input channel is network. And FWIW, I can confirm again that with BT, scrolling is too fast on the client. I'd prefer using the network anyway, however, as I can set up a private network between my two machines and not have to worry about BT interference, etc.

I am going to buy a Lifetime license (I am so sick of ShareMouse's constant glitches--your product seems much more reliable and usable). But I can't figure out the difference between a T2 and a Pro license. Can you explain?

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thanks for the confirmation.

The difference between Pro and T2 is whether "Screen Mirroring" & "Remote Control in the Mirroring Screen" are supported (Pro) or not (T2). When you set the eval-mode to pro and you can mirror the client screen to the server Mac and you can control the client Mac in the Mirroring Screen like Windows Remote Desktop. That is, you can mirror the Client screen into your Server Mac using Airplay Mirroring and then you can control the client Mac with the server's keyboard and mouse in the mirroring screen. It will work much like Windows Remote Desktop.

See the screenshots for "Screen Mirroring" & "Remote Control in the Mirroring Screen".
    Also see this release note.

The contents for the Screen Mirroring and Remote Control have not been included in our user's manual and we are updating our manual.

across is in another league from all other similar apps and so has no rival at all... Believe it or not :)

7. DSwofford

DSwofford New Member

Screen Mirroring/Remote Control is indeed a cool feature! Controlling the client from the server is a little too sluggish for serious work. but there could. be situations where it might come in handy!

I'm sold--buying a lifetime license after I send this. I'm pretty sure I'm a lot older than you are, so it will probably be my lifetime rather than yours ;)

If you don't mind saying, what back-end software do you use for your Community forum? It's really nice.

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thanks a lot for your purchase!
    The Screen Mirroring & Remote Control were added a couple of months ago and so it means there could be much improvement possibility.

Agreed. Check it out more in their site. It's really a cool forum app.

Enjoy across! ;)

9. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello, Dave,

Thanks for the info. After reading your comments, I think you would not know that you can copy files/folders between computers using across itself only. You don't need SMB or other settings or apps. You can copy them in one computer and then paste them in the other computer. The only thing across does not provide yet is just drag-and-drop which is very easy to implement. The important thing for it is visual effect that works as if the drag-and-drop worked in a single computer.

You have to see a network mounting volume starting with 'across' in Finder. That is the volume across provides. The network volume works much like SMB.

The 'Shared folders' in the below picture are folders that across is sharing with other clients. You can copy their child files/folders between computers using just copy & paste.
    [​IMG]

It's not SMB and across server/client has its own fileserver using *****.

10. DSwofford

DSwofford New Member

Thanks! I misunderstood what was meant by "Will be added" in the Functions table of the web site. I thought the feature was still incomplete.

I don't think the manual is very clear on copying/pasting files either, as I couldn't find anything like the instructions you wrote above, but maybe I just missed it. The manual just talks about synching the clipboard. Maybe I just missed it.

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thanks for the answer. ;)

It's absolutely our problems. About 2 weeks ago, there wasn't even 'network' word in our homepage and manual. Recently the latest versions were released and our website has been being updated since then. I know it makes our users confused and am just begging our users mercy in this situations.

I thought that the explanation of across functions could be effectively expressed by live materials such as moving GIF like those in our homepage main part. I have a plan to add more illustration moving GIFs to there and the designer who made the GIFs is already in standby state to start the job.

You will see more complete webpages and manual after some weeks.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021