1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only BT-HID between Mac to Mac

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by sarimarton, Dec 18, 2021.

1. sarimarton

sarimarton Member

Hi,

I can't setup NET-CTRL and NET-DATA between 2 macs, and I'm not sure if it's part of the well-known macOS Monterey problem.

My params:
    - AC Server: macOS Big Sur, bluetoothaudiod disabled, BT-HID works well with any client
    - AC Server: M1 Air, macOS Monterey, as a general BT-HID client works well, but the client doesn't seem to be aware of the setup. It doesn't know when it's being controlled (the icon doesn't become saturated). "Select an Across Server" shows the correct server's name checked, Network Settings / Network Adapter is set to Wifi. Still the Settings pane of the client in the server only shows the bluetooth part, no "General" and "Network" tabs.

Any hint why the network setup is unreachable in the server? Thanks for any input.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,
    Network connections are coordinated by Bluetooth Rfcomm connection between computers, but Bluetooth on macOS Monterey doesn't work properly almost at all as mentioned in the v2.23 Release note. Therefore across cannot establish network connections between computers.