1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New User

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Mikage.kun, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Mikage.kun

Mikage.kun New Member

Hello All,

I learned of Across today while researching another completely unrelated Bluetooth need and found it fascinating.

I currently use <another software I won't name> to share my mouse and keyboard across multiple devices, both personal and work related. However, <above mentioned software> has its drawbacks, being network based, and requiring a client application on any device. Since Across is BT-based, it allows me to bypass some problems, such as installing a client on a locked-down work laptop. I know this means I can't get the full host of features, such as clipboard sharing and that VERY nice looking screen sharing option (is that out yet?).

However...I can't get Across to work! I'm running it on my Surface pro as the Server. When I attempt to add a device, the other device recognizes the Bluetooth device and provides the confirmation code. Across acknowledges the same confirmation code. The new device on Windows will list as connected, though then I see it oscillate between "connected" and "driver not found". Across then sits there until the connection times out, never showing the device as available as a client. Wondering if Windows was the problem, I tried connecting to my Android phone, but had a similar result.

Can anyone advise on what I need to try?