1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyboard working but no mouse on Galaxy S8+

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Paul Horn, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Paul Horn

Paul Horn New Member

Using OSX High Sierra as the server and the Galaxy S8+ as the client, I am able to connect with and without the Across client on my phone, but in neither case am I able to use the mouse. Keyboard always works without a hitch, though. I have tried all the suggestions elsewhere in this forum about unpairing/restarting/etc, and nothing seems to work.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello Paul Horn,

Thanks for your interest in our across. :)

I didn't test Galaxy S8+, but my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus9 works flawlessly with High Sierra.

If you are experiencing regular Bluetooth disconnection in High Sierra (this problem only occurs when Across Client's been installed on our phone), please refer to the #10 posting of the following thread in our community:
    https://community.acrosscenter.com/...mac-not-connecting-to-windows-10.99/#post-489

Sorry I can't help you. :(

3. Paul Horn

Paul Horn New Member

Figured it out about 1 minute after I posted this. For me, it was a conflict caused by either Samsung Sidesync, or the built-in Samsung Connect service. Not sure which of these steps did the trick, but after I did the following it worked:
    - DISABLED across client on my phone (This may actually work with the client, but I'm not fixing what ain't broke for me since the clipboard features aren't important to me)
    - Uninstalled Samsung Sidesync (an app I actually installed)
    - In Package Disabler Pro, I disabled the 3 services for Samsung Connect
    - In the phone's bluetooth settings, deleted my computer from the saved devices
    - Removed my phone from Across Center on my server Mac, and in the mac's bluetooth settings
    - Rebooted both mac and phone
    - Paired again using the pairing option in Across Center on my Mac/hitting "Pair" in phone's bluetooth settings

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Glad to hear that. Thanks tons for the detail. ;)