1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disconnecting after 1 minute of usage

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Luis, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Luis

Luis New Member

I'm trying to set up windows to control an iphone 7, but after pairing it keeps disconnecting from bluetooth after 1 minute of usage. Is there any solution to this?

Windows 10 pro 64 bit 22h2
    iphone 7
    tp-link bluetooth adapter 5.0

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Luis,

The below thread (https://community.acrosscenter.com/...p-every-30-min-to-make-it-work.622/#post-3110) can be applied to your case.

Couldn't find the chipset info for your BT adapter. If it is based on a RealTek chipset, I recommend to use a Broadcom or CSR chipset based USB dongle, instead. Please understand that every dongles from all vendors don't have the same quality.

You can find the chipset info in Device Manager >> Bluetooth Radios.

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
    Luis likes this.
  3. Luis

Luis New Member

Yeah chipset is realtek. If I understand correctly, that guy disabled and enabled the driver so he doesnt have to reboot, but his issue isn't solved yet. He has to do it every hour or so, which is usable. My issue is every minute, so it's completely unusable for me. I tried the things he mentioned, reinstalling drivers and the program, etc. End result is always the same. Takes me a couple attempts to pair the devices, and after the pair is successful, every time I connect it lasts 50-70 seconds and disconnects. So, I'm gonna try with a new dongle in the future but if any other solution comes to mind for the time being, please let me know. Thanks Seungjin Lee

Update: I tried removing wifi and everything that could interfere, same result. It works really well, mouse is very smooth in the iphone but disconnects after 1 minute every single time.