1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clipboard from Android to Windows

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Sergio, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Sergio

Sergio New Member

Hi! I have downloaded and installed across server on windows machine and client on Samsung S23. My question is about clipboard sync: it works when I copy from Windows: I can paste into Android. But when I copy from Android, nothing gets into Windows buffer. A big issue for me as I really need this feature.
    Is it a bug or some system restriction? Can I try some workaround?
    Also I noticed that mouse crossing border behaves strange: It works when crossing form windows to android always, also if one crosses by the wider side from phone to PC, everything is OK.. But if you cross on phone`s short side, you can not cross back until your screen becomes rotated and the side you selected becomes wide )
    Thank you in advance for the answer.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Sergio,

Thanks for your interest in our across.

1. Currently, across Client for android monitors the clipboard contents change messages from android. However, android from a major version does not send these messages for a normal app rather than a keyboard specific app for security reasons. So, on recent android versions, copying text from android to across server does not work properly. I have a plan to workaround this with other implementation. In the mean time, it is impossible to workaround the issue.

2. Border crossing: Simple answer -- For the landscape mode, border crossing occurs at the boarder of the notification bar and the navigation bar (Previous, Forward, Home buttons) instead of screen edges. You can do it by ringing the mouse pointer at the border.