1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Across works sometimes, then stops working, then starts again

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by mrled, Dec 7, 2017.

1. mrled

mrled New Member

Hello,

I have a Windows PC, an iPhone, and a Windows tablet. I am using the PC as the server, and want to connect to the iPhone and Windows tablet as clients. All devices are running the latest version of the operating system - Windows 10 with all updates applied or iOS 11 with all updates applied.

Using iOS as a client appears to work pretty well. I can consistently connect to my iPhone as a Bluetooth keyboard.

However, using the Windows tablet as a client is a different story. When I initially pair the tablet, it appears to work pretty well at first. However, after 5-10 minutes, it stops working altogether. If I launch Across Center, and look in the "Client Devices Layout" section, the tablet is grayed out. If I right click on the grayed-out tablet and click "connect", it will not appear to do anything - the tablet is still grayed out, and pressing the keyboard hotkey does not let my type on the tablet.

However, if I look at Windows Settings -> Devices on the PC, it shows the tablet as "connected". (Similarly, if I look at Windows Setting -> Devices on the tablet, it shows the PC as "connected".)

I've seen this behavior both with and without the Across client on the tablet. I've also tried using the Across 2 Beta. In all cases, the result was the same.

How can I fix this? I love the idea of Across, but if it's not reliable, it isn't so useful to me...

Thanks very much for any help

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi mrled,

Thanks for your interest in our across.
    I experienced the similar symptom in using DELL XPS 13 whose default wifi+bluetooth card is from Killer. The Bluetooth adapter from Killer was not reliable at all. Then I replaced it with Intel AC-8265 as many XPS users recommend. Finally the Intel BT adapter works reliably.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017