1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth Disconnection After 20 seconds

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by MikeNye, Jan 25, 2021.

1. MikeNye

MikeNye New Member

Hi,

I'm having an issue where the bluetooth connection between my MacBook (server) and Thinkpad (client) is disconnected after 20 seconds. This happens every time I initiate a bluetooth connection, and it doesn't matter whether there is keyboard/mouse activity or not.

Server:
    • Hardware: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports, 2.7GHz i7, 16GB)

Client:
    • Hardware: Lenovo Thinkpad T490 (i7-8665U, 24GB)
    • Not running Across client software, just advertising the Mac as bluetooth keyboard/mouse
    Please let me know what information I can provide to assist in troubleshooting.

This does not happen with other clients.

Thanks.

-Mike

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

3. MikeNye

MikeNye New Member

Hi Seungjin,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've tried disabling bluetoothaudiod, and also stopping HandOff.

$ sudo launchctl list /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.bluetoothaudiod.plist
    Could not find service "/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.bluetoothaudiod.plist" in domain for system

Neither of the above worked and the issue still remains.

Unfortunately I cannot roll back to a previous version of Windows, as the Windows laptop is provided by my company's corporate HQ and I do not have local admin privileges.

Thanks,
    Mike