- Q1.1. My computer does not have a Bluetooth controller. Can I use across in this case?
- Yes, you can, but you need a USB Bluetooth dongle. There are many USB Bluetooth dongles in the market and most of them are dirt cheap.
- Q1.2. Are there any constraints on across relative to the Bluetooth version?
- No. You can use across on all Bluetooth versions.
Installing & Uninstalling
- Q2.1. My Android smartphone/tabletPC can't access to the Google Play store. Can I install the across Client on my device?
Yes, please follow the steps below to install across Client on your device. However if your device can access to the Google Play store, use the Google Play store. Also do not use other APK files except the official APK file from the link below.
- You must first allow your device to install from [Unknown Sources]. To do this, navigate to Settings > Security (or Applications in some devices) and check the box marked [Unknown Sources] (or turn on [Apps from Unknown Sources] in some devices).
- Download the across Client APK file on your device using this link.
- Tap the downloaded across Client APK file to install.
- Once across Client installation done, don't forget to uncheck [Unknown Sources] (or turn off [Apps from Unknown Sources] in some devices) that you activated in the first step.
- Q2.2. In my Mac of macOS 10.14 or later, every controls are greyed out and therefore I am unable to register my product key. What's the matter?
Please read the following note (which is stated in our manual):
macOS 10.14 and later: macOS added a new security mechanism to prevent an app from controlling another app without the user's consent. That is, you are able to register an app explicitly as an exception in the allowed list from [System Preferences]. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Open [System Preferences], and go to [Security & Privacy] and [Privacy]-tab. Click on the lock icon on the bottom left corner and enter password.
- For keyboard/mouse share, choose [Accessibility] from the left-pane, and then add /Applications/Across/Across Center.app to the right list.
- For file access from paired devices, choose [Full Disk Access] from the left-pane, and then add /Applications/Across/Across Center.app to the right list.
- Q3.1. The activated product key keeps being automatically deactivated. What's the matter?
- Please check if the system clock of your computer is correct or not. If the system clock is not correct, please fix it.
Keyboard Mouse Sharing
- Q4.1. When a client device has input focus, the typed keys input to the across Server computer instead of the client device. What's the matter?
- If you are using a special keyboard security software (for example, anti-keylogger), the software may prevent across from sharing keyboard with your client device. In this case, please configure the software to allow across to work, or alternatively disable or remove the software that caused the issue.
- Q4.2. Everything works fine except that I cannot input the Q,W,E,I,O,P keys (A,Z,E,I,O,P keys for a French keyboard) to a client device. What's the matter?
The trial version has the following limitation (which is stated in our download page):
The trial version only works without any limits for 30 minutes after computer starts. After the 30 minutes, mouse works without any limits, but when you input keyboard to a client device with the trial version, you are unable to input the Q,W,E,I,O,P keys of a keyboard (the A,Z,E,I,O,P keys of a French keyboard) to the device. Also, the length of the clipboard text that can be synchronized between devices is limited. All network operations stop too. For more evaluation, just restart your computer.
If your issue is not the case, please don't hesitate to let us know.
- Q4.3. My Mac is experiencing repetitive Bluetooth connection/disconnection. What's the matter?
Please see the following two postings regarding the issue:
1. Windows 10, 2004 Update Appears Broken