1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSX (Monterey 12.1) to Windows can't connect bluetooth

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Orvar, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Orvar

Orvar New Member

Hi

My mac isn't "advertised as a keyboard" as th information in across claims.
    The only thing I can see on the windows client in my Mac as a "Laptop"

So I can't get Across to work anymore.

Has been like this since I upgrraded MacOSX last year....

Any solution planned?

I know it has to do with Apple changing the blutooth stack ... and it was deemed impossible to fix, until the bluetooth library used in Across is updated to handle this.

Is there any updates on this issue?

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Orvar,

Please consult to apple instead of us as mentioned in the previous release note.

We have no choice but to wait for fix in macOS BT stack. BT stack does not work at all. What do you think we can do for it?

Recent macOS versions are bullshit poor quality. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  3. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

It looks like there was an update to Monterey (12.3) that may have fixed some bluetooth issues, did it fix the issues here?

4. Jeremy

Jeremy New Member

Would also like to know if the recent update has resolved the bt issues. I'm up for license renewal in a couple of weeks, but will also be replacing my primary machine with a new one in a few months. So, don't really want to renew and then be out of luck in a couple of months.

5. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

The latest version of macOS Monterey (12.3.1) is still broken, unfortunately. I have no longer been able to use Across Center, which is quite unfortunate.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy New Member

Not sure if it's an option for you, but keep in mind that you can use it over the network (if you're a T2 or Pro license). It does have some limits but you might not notice them. I have certain shortcuts set up that depend on specific keys like right shift/left shift/left option/etc. Two things I run into: 1) right and left handed keys are captured with a generic code (i.e. shift vs specific side...I do believe the generic code are equivalent to the left-sided codes), so won't trigger thing correctly in the remote, and 2) modifiers don't appear to be sent independently (if shift itself triggers an action it does it does not work when I'm connected over the network). But a flawed solution is better than no solution at all.

7. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

I have a T2 license, and I cannot get the devices to pair with Monterey... my understanding is that that initial pairing process has to be done via Bluetooth... is there some other way to force it through network?

8. Jeremy

Jeremy New Member

Hmm..hadn't thought of that. Wonder where the information on paired servers is stored. Wondering if it could be manually entered in there and then just configured for network.