1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no reconnection after Win PC sleep

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AJinNJ, Jun 14, 2023.

1. AJinNJ

AJinNJ New Member

Running 2.30 Server on Win11, and no client (just BT-HID) on Win10 Pro laptop.

KM works OK while active. Returning to work after overnight, Across Server will not reconnect to laptop "client". Tried restarting BT on laptop, it actually says "connected to..." (server PC), but Across Server never actually reconnects the laptop for control, and after about 60 sec the laptop returns to "Not Connected" status.

Why isn't Across Server re-connecting to the laptop automatically?

Not sure how to get reconnected at all...I can't be rebooting my machines every morning just to reconnect the KM via Across. I'll have to ask for a refund.

2. AJinNJ

AJinNJ New Member

Actually, now laptop shows my Server-PC is "Connected" ("Mouse, keyboard & pen"), but Across Server does not show any connection, and I can not control the laptop.

So if BT on the laptop says it's connected, how come Across will not work? Server shows the client dim (as if it is not connected).

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, AJinNJ,

You need to install and run across Client on your client PC for automatic reconnection. If your envrionment forbid our app install on your client PC, you have to manually connect BT to your client PC by 1) clicking on the client icon in "Across Center", or 2) restarting across Server app, or 3) restarting your PC.
    Hope it helps.
    Thank you.

4. AJinNJ

AJinNJ New Member

I tried all of these. Laptop showed "Connected", but Across Server does not see the connection and will not work.

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

During overnight, your laptop keep trying to make Bluetooth connection to the absent Server Win11. This behavior can disrupt all 2.4GHz wireless radio signals of Bluetooth and Wifi.

Before leaving it alone, I recommend to 1) disable its across operation, or 2) switch its mode to Server mode, or 3) exit our app.
    Thank you.