1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyboard hotkey stops working - have isolated what causes it

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dia Bornet, Oct 18, 2023.

1. Dia Bornet

Dia Bornet New Member

I have seen some other people post on this, that the keyboard hotkey suddenly stops working and nobody can figure out what causes it. The only way to fix this is to go into the acrosscenter dialog box, change the keyboard hotkey to something else and apply. In my case, I use left-right-shift, so I change to left-right-alt, hit apply, then change back to left-right-shift, hit apply, and it starts working again. Then it dies again at a random time later.

I have just isolated what causes it.

Working on a laptop with Windows 10.

Hitting Shift-Arrow, any cursor arrow (for example Shift-UpArrow or Shift-LeftArrow), in any application, WILL disable the keyboard hotkey. Every time, instantly.

For example I am working on my computer, in Word, and I hit Shift-RightArrow in order to select text. The keyboard hotkey immediately stops working so left-right-shift no longer does anything. I have to go through the reset exercise above to get it back.

Same thing happens if I'm using left-right-alt. Shift with any cursor arrow disables the keyboard hotkey.

I can make it do this every time no fail.

Please fix!

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello, Dia Bornet,

Thank you so much for your detailed report. I'll look into it and try to fix at the earliest.

3. Dia Bornet

Dia Bornet New Member

Thank you. You do have a wonderful application by the way, there isn't anything else like it.

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

I'm trying to reproduce the issue, but failed to reproduce it. What version of across are you using? If it wouldn't be v2.30b, please update to v2.30b and try it. Thank you.

5. Dia Bornet

Dia Bornet New Member

It is the across Basic for Windows model, 2.30b

upload_2023-10-21_16-18-48.png

One other thing on my system, that perhaps has something to do with it and perhaps has nothing to do with anything, is that I CANNOT, no way no how, get RFCOMM to be available. I have tried every possible thing I found on this site (uninstalling bluetooth, resetting to defaults, etc) and it always looks like this:

upload_2023-10-21_16-20-27.png

You see how it says that BT-RFCOMM is disabled.

Just looking for ideas of what this might be.

6. Dia Bornet

Dia Bornet New Member

Just wanted to make sure that in trying to reproduce, you are testing with the Basic, not Standard or Pro.

If it fails in Basic but works in Standard or Pro, then I will upgrade, but right now there isn't a reason to. The feature I really want is the clipboard copy, but as it says above, I can't get an RFCOMM connection no way no how, so that doesn't work.

7. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

You are right. The symptom only appears on 2 or more client devices environment. I did reproduce the symptom. So I will try to resolve the issue ASAP.

What are your client devices? If across Client app is not available for the client device (e.g., iPhone, iPad), RFCOMM connection is not available.

8. Dia Bornet

Dia Bornet New Member

I'm so glad you were able to reproduce the issue!

My primary computer (the one with the keyboard) is a Windows 10 laptop.
    On the right I have an iPhone.
    On the left I have an iPad Mini
    Above I have a Microsoft Surface running Windows 11.

So what you are saying then is that it impossible to use the clipboard copy feature between Windows and the iPhone because the iPhone doesn't have RFCOMM?

Do you have plans to extend the clipboard copy feature to using BT-HID?
    Do the standard and Pro versions also use RFCOMM for clipboard copy?
    I would happily upgrade from Basic to a higher version if it allowed me to share clipboard between Windows 10 laptop and iPhone.

9. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

That's right. The reason why iOS across client is not available is that iOS Bluetooth does not support RFCOMM profile.

No, at least, for near future.

BT RFCOMM for all models, and BT RFCOMM + network for Pro version.

apple would not want to allow us to do that. They want to control all over their devices with their software only.

Thank you.

10. Dia Bornet

Dia Bornet New Member

:( But thank you for the answers