1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features Summary of Across V2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seungjin Lee, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Across V2 supports network for high-speed data transfer operations including filecopy, clipboard data synchronization and high-speed mouse/keyboard sharing in addition to existing Bluetooth operations. Therefore you can seamlessly control multiple devices as if they were one. Though only Across for Windows/macOS are available at the moment of Beta testing, Across for Linux and Android will be available too at the official release.

1. Easy and intuitive User Interface to set up and use

2. Perfectly secure network environment through Bluetooth communication between Across Server & Clients
    • Across Server and Clients register each other in whitelist and then other computers not listed in whitelist are not allowed to connect; No need to use Firewall S/W to secure connections
    • All network data is encrypted by TLS (Transport Layer Security; advanced SSL)
    • Dynamic generation of TLS certificates rather than fixed certificate embedded in binary files
    • Automatically configures Windows Firewall with the most secure settings
    • uses only one user configurable TCP port; The default port number is random
    • Automatically detects change of network settings and set up network connection through Bluetooth
    • supports IPv4 & IPv6
    3. Keyboard/Mouse Sharing through network in addition to existing Bluetooth HID
    • supports high resolution pointing devices
    • supports Mac trackpad Gesture between Mac's
    • Keyboard/Mouse Input Channel is selectable between Bluetooth and network
    4. Just copy and paste file/data between computers
    • User shared folders are natively mapped/mounted as a network drive/volume in Explorer/Finder; You can browse shared folders by opening the mapped drive/mounted volume in Explorer/Finder.
    • Just copy files/folders in shared folders in one computer and then paste them wherever you want in other computers
    • Supported types for Clipboard synchronization: text, HTML (Microsoft Office Clipboard Format), RTF, image
    • Direct file/data copy by peer-to-peer connection is much faster than via intermediate Cloud server (OneDrive/iCloud/Google Drive)
    5. High-speed network communication implemented by modern network programming

6. Low CPU/memory usage and small binary files footprint

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. m_d

m_d New Member

What happens if the firewall settings are centrally managed where the user doesn't have the rights to change the settings?

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi m_d,

I think the user has no choice but to follow the rule of security measures of user's organization. If the rule allow some TCP ports to be opened, those ports can be used for Across operation instead of natively assigned purpose. Our mission is not to supply hacking tools.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  4. m_d

m_d New Member

I just wanted to make sure that the installation/configuration of Across doesn't fail if it doesn't get the access rights to modify firewall rules. ;-)

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Sorry for my misunderstanding. The access right to firewall setup only influences to the socket server and then network connections will be blocked by the firewall. However other operations including installation and other configuration are not affected.
    I'm afraid of whether my answer would be enough to you.

6. m_d

m_d New Member

Absolutely ok.
    I had just seen other projects where the developers didn't take corporate environment restrictions into account and expected always full access to everything.

7. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

Has the beta been released? If so how can I access it?

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi Amadeus, No, it's not been released yet. I promise you that it will be released within 27th of this month.

9. tracyiwen

tracyiwen New Member

Can I use the scroll wheel? I want to scroll instead of click and drag when I use my tablet to watch manga

10. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hey tracyiwen,

Welcome to Across Center! ;)

Have you tried out our Across? You can try our Across with no limitations during 30-minute after computer starts.

Yes, you can use the vertical scroll wheel and the horizontal scroll wheel too if it is available on your mice.