1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client Device-Specific Hotkeys

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by TotoPackage, Dec 6, 2019.

1. TotoPackage

TotoPackage New Member

I am a long time user of Across, probably about two years now. I love it, but wish this feature could be implemented.

For this example, let's say I have a main computer running the across software (A) and two client devices (B & C).

If I'm using device B, and want to switch to device C, I must first press the keyboard hotkey once to return to device A, then press it again followed by an arrow to connect to device C. I hope that in the future, it can be implemented so that you could do something like "CTRL + ALT + 1 - connect to device A, CTRL + ALT + 2 - connect to device B, CTRL + ALT + 3 - connect to device C.

This would greatly improve my productivity while working with a personal computer, work computer, and mobile device simultaneously. Other than that, great work, Across team! This software is everything I needed, and I only wish I knew about it sooner!

2. TotoPackage

TotoPackage New Member

To add to this request, I simply feel it cumbersome to have to press the keyboard hotkey twice when switching from one client device to another. I'd prefer to be able to switch from any device directly to another device with a single command, as that would be far more natural, especially since completing the process of pressing all of the necessary hotkeys in rapid succession sometimes will not register with across.