1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Across crashes when trying to add the other computer

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by B1J, Sep 13, 2023.

1. B1J

B1J New Member

Hello
    I get this when trying to add the other device from my main pc (both pcs have usb bluetooth dondles, and I updated all bluetooth drivers the same on both) :
    Both PCs have been restarted after drivers have been updated.
    I tried to close across on both pc and restart .exe on both but the same issue keeps occurring...

What should I do?

Thanks!
    Ben
    upload_2023-9-13_4-38-30.png

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Ben,

1. Don't install any accompanied software since Windows will install its driver. If you have already installed them, please remove them.

2. Don't use a Mediatek or Realtek chipset Bluetooth dongle. Instead, please use a Broadcom, CSR, Intel chipset Bluetooth dongle.

Thank you.

3. B1J

B1J New Member

hi Lee
    Thanks for the quick answer.
    Ok it seems I bought Realtek chipset dongles. Is this one good? The descriptions dont seem to specifiy what type of chipset they have on amazon :
    upload_2023-9-14_1-31-48.png

PS : for the drivers, before I did any update the bluetooth was simply not even working. So not sure what do with that issue...

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Once a Broadcom, CSR or Intel chipset USB Bluetooth dongle is injected to PC, Windows detects it and automatically works without any user intervention.

I think the ZEXMTE dongle would be over-spec (possibly its purpose may be for long range communication because of its antennas -- general USB Bluetooth dongle doesn't have the big antenna).

I recommend this one: Amazon.com: TP-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter for PC, Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle Receiver, Plug & Play, Nano Size, EDR & A2DP Technology, Supports Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP for Desktop, Laptop, PS4/ Xbox Controllers (UB400) : Electronics
    It is based on CSR chipset. Please consult to its seller about what chipset is used. Please don't install any accompanied software as mentioned before.

Thank you.

See also this one: Amazon.com: Cybertech Bluetooth CSR v 4.0 Transmitter Receiver USB 2.0 Dongle for PC : Electronics

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  5. B1J

B1J New Member

Thanks for the specific recommendation Lee! <3

6. B1J

B1J New Member

Hello again
    So I received the new bluetooth dongles and now the main server PC is indeed recognized as a keyboard but nothing happens when I try to connect... Here is a screen :
    [​IMG]

It doesnt offer any authentication basically. What should I do?

Thanks!

7. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,

Just click the server pc that you want to pair with your client pc. It must proceed with authentication. If it would not proceed with authentication, try the followings:
    1) turn off / on Bluetooth on both server and client computers
    2) reboot both server and client computers

Hope it helps.
    Thank you.

8. B1J

B1J New Member

Hi

I just did. It doesnt work.
    Do you offer customer service maybe? I'd pay for the help of course.
    Thanks

9. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Our manual (http://www.acrosscenter.com/manual/bluetooth-pairing) describes Bluetooth pairing. Please try to follow the steps in the manual.

If you would still meet any problems, please share a video showing what you are doing. Put the video on a cloud service and let us know its link.
    Thank you.

10. B1J

B1J New Member

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

The two videos are identical. Please show the client video.

12. B1J

B1J New Member

13. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Normally click on your server in the client leads to authentication. I recommend to swap two dongles between server and client.
    Thanks.

14. B1J

B1J New Member

Hi Lee
    I tried that but it did not work. I swapped the dongles, I uninstalled/reinstalled the bluetooth drivers, I changed bluetooth dongles types...
    I really don't know what to try anymore.
    Could you fix it ? Like through Anydesk/teamviewer .

Thanks
    Ben

15. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Ben,

Sorry. I have no idea on the issue, but recommend you to try another USB Bluetooth dongle -- its Bluetooth chipset must be a CSR or Broadcom.
    Thank you.