1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test results for Lumia 640 (Windows phone)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seungjin Lee, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, across users!

Today I've got a Microsoft Lumia 640 on which Windows 8.2 was initially installed. Across for Windows and macOS work without any critical problems (For your reference, Windows 8.x doesn't support mouse at all). Then I updated it to the latest Windows 10 (Ver 1511, OS build: 10.0.10586.107) and have confirmed that Across for Windows and macOS work almost perfectly with good keyboard/mouse operation. The only problem that I have found until now, is not working of the "Screen on/off" in the multimedia input window for Across for Windows (It works well for Across for macOS).

Though this is just 2 hours test, I think you can use your Windows phone with Across reliably. Let me test it more thoroughly and update the results. If you are a Windows phone user, leaving your test results will be appreciated.

Edit1: Regarding the only one problem of the "Screen on/off" for Across for Windows, I've found what the problem is. I am guessing MS Windows Mobile OS developers would support our Across. They implemented the Ver,1511 as to be suitable for the previous version of Across. Therefore the key works on Across for macOS, but doesn't for Windows. So I hopefully think that the next major update of Window 10 Mobile will fix this issue.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  2. Wiley Marques

Wiley Marques New Member

It isn't working on my side.

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,

Please make sure your phone OS must be Windows 8.2 and later.

Would you please give me details on the symptom?

4. Wiley Marques

Wiley Marques New Member

I'm currently using a Lumia 950.

The software doesn't detect my phone.
    The pairing process works as expected, but nothing works after that.

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

You need manual operation because there is no client app on a Windows phone. Please assign the device icon to one slot in "Client Devices Layout", right-click on it and click "Connect"-item from the popup menu.

6. Wiley Marques

Wiley Marques New Member

Yes, that's what I'm doing.
    But nothing happens when I click "connect".

7. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Please remove BT pairing and try to pair again.

8. Wiley Marques

Wiley Marques New Member

That didn't work either.

Now when I click "connect", the phone show it's connected to the PC, but goes to that "paired" state after some seconds.
    Seems the connection is not being completed succesfully.

9. Wiley Marques

Wiley Marques New Member

Hey there!
    I just installed the new update (1.30) and it's working on my Lumia 950!

But there's a problem, the keys 'q', 'w', 'e', 'i', 'o' and 'p' aren't working on the phone, any suggestion?

10. across

across Administrator

Glad to hear that. :)

I'm afraid that you may not read the limitation of the trial version from the download page:
    Have you already read it?

11. across

across Administrator

FYI, if you configure the mouse mode with "Absolute Coordinate Mouse", you can move the mouse cursor between your PC and Lumia950 by just dragging mouse.

12. Wiley Marques

Wiley Marques New Member

Oh! I'm so sorry, I had read but I completely forgot about it. :(

Whoa! I thought this wasn't possible to do. Amazing!

I'll absolutely acquire a license! Thanks!

13. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

You're welcome. Think your thanks should go to Microsoft engineers supported the features. :)

If you have any other problems, please feel free to let us know.
    Cheers!