1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Linux Client

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by JHF, Sep 3, 2021.

1. JHF

JHF New Member

I would like a very simple linux client that can be configured from the command line and can output the keyboard and mouse commands to a file handle of our choice.

My hope is to use a Raspberry PI Zero, configured as a USB HID Gadget, to send keystrokes and mouse movement to a remote computer. This computer is on a VPN, cannot use Bluetooth, and therefore cannot be a normal client for Across.

Its fairly trivial to configure the PI Zero to act as an HID device (for example: https://randomnerdtutorials.com/raspberry-pi-zero-usb-keyboard-hid/). However I would need a way to receive the keystrokes and mouse movements from Across so I can then output them to the usb port.

Because the linux client is a full xwindows application, and you cannot redirect the output, its not suitable for my needs. Is there a simple linux client that just connects to an across server and receives the key/mouse data? Is there any open source across client for linux? Would you consider creating such a client?