1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPad Pro -- Getting the MacBook Trackpad to Work

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by jordangoody, Sep 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. jordangoody

jordangoody New Member

Hi,

Great app, but I'm trying to set it up and hitting a road block getting my iPad to recognize the trackpad. It sees the keyboard just fine. I have already enabled assistivetouch.. is there something else I should be doing?

Thanks,
    -J

2. jordangoody

jordangoody New Member

never mind, just needed to restart the iPad! this is amazing! is gesture support in the works by chance?

Thanks!

3. Elvis Peralta

Elvis Peralta New Member

Hi, could you write the steps? I'm struggling to make my iPad Pro model MQDC2LL/A to recognize my Macbook's Trackpad.

I have activated AssistiveTouch already and restarted the iPad

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Elvis Peralta,

What OS is running in each device, respectively?

5. Elvis Peralta

Elvis Peralta New Member

Hey Seungjin Lee!

Thanks for the quick response!

So, iPad Pro is currently running iPadOS 14.4 and my Macbook Pro is running Big Sur version 11.2

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

M1 Mac or Intel Mac?

7. Elvis Peralta

Elvis Peralta New Member

Intel Mac

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 11.21.19 AM.png

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Did you test the cursor movement with a mouse? If not, please try to test with a mouse connected to your Mac. If it works, try to remove BT pairing and then pair them again.

9. Elvis Peralta

Elvis Peralta New Member

I have paired an Apple Magic Mouse 2 to the Macbook and the cursor works, unpaired the mouse from the computer to try it on the iPad and it works fine paired directly to the iPad.

If I hover the cursor on my Macbook over the side to which I've set the iPad on Across it does not recognize the mouse/trackpad just the keyboard

Should it be as easy as just pairing the iPad Pro on Across, I mean, should it work right away, or after you pair the iPad you have to enable another setting on the iPad?

10. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

[​IMG]

What Mouse Mode is set? You have to choose the "Relative Coordinate Mouse".

Yes, it should do.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  11. Elvis Peralta

Elvis Peralta New Member

Yees, it works!

Thank you!!!

12. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

You're always welcome! ;)