1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ClxUsbFilt is causing BSOD's

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Damo, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Damo

Damo New Member

So since installing Across I am getting ClxUsbFilt errors resulting in BSODs.

So far done the following:
    1. Removed all USB drivers
    2. Removed Across (No BSOD when removed)
    3. Reinstalled Across (BSOD returns)
    Running Windows 10 21H1.

Basically anytime I plug in or remove a USB device it goes straight to BSOD

Event logs:

Detected unrecognized USB driver (\Driver\ClxUsbFilt).

Fault bucket AV_R_INVALID_ClxUsbFilt!unknown_function, type 0
    Event Name: BlueScreen
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: d28f2c5e-a1b6-46ca-a473-c36425e1008a

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,

Please upload the mini dump files stored in C:\Windows\minidump.
    Thanks.

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

FYI, we have never got any BSOD reports from our users except you for the past two years.

4. mgriff

mgriff New Member

This is happening to me as well. I installed across and I'm now completely unable to boot into windows without a BSOD. Tried booting into safe mode and uninstalling Across but that still didn't resolve it. Completely killed my system, and I'm currently having to reinstall windows because of this. Everything was fine till I installed across, the rebooted and received a Blue Screen of Death error related to ClxUsbFilt.sys. I don't think I've ever had such a drastic fail trying new software.

This appears to be a long standing issue related to across after searching Google for ClxUsbFilt.sys.

The explanation being a bug in the windows driver signing sdk. If that is in fact true it's odd that it's still happening with the current version of Windows and Across.
    https://community.acrosscenter.com/index.php?threads/v1-32-wont-install-on-win10.107/#post-729

I'm not trying to shit on your Business but if this was legitimately a Microsoft issue. You either didn't follow up with Microsoft on behalf of your customers or you decided to push the blame on a problem with your software drivers that is only impacting a small subset of your customers.

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,
    Please upload the mini dump files stored in C:\Windows\minidump.
    Thanks.