1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conflicts with USB capture on Virtual Box 6

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sam Liddicott, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Sam Liddicott

Sam Liddicott New Member

On Windows 10 version 1803 OS build 17134.648, after installing across AcrossSetup_2_BETA3 (probably, it may have been BETA2 yesterday, but as the installer seems to delete itself afterwards it's hard to be sure) and rebooting, virtualbox 6 can no longer attach USB devices from the host to a Linux guest.

The first attempt apparently does nothing, and the second attempt shows the error message "Failed to attach the USB device ... to the virtual machine ...", and this state is only reset by rebooting the virtual machine; and then the first attempt fails silently before further attempts give the error.

Uninstalling will not fix the problem but revering to a restore point will.

I have verified this by, after reverting to a restore point, installing, de-installing (virtual box still fails) and then over 2 hours (!!) to revert to the 10 minute old restore point leaves it working again.

VMWare workstation is not affected like this.

Virtualbox is a free download

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,

You'd better contact to VirtualBox instead of us. That's not our problem but the problem in VirtualBox.

They would have good knowledge about the Windows driver stack.

3. Sam Liddicott

Sam Liddicott New Member

How do you know?

I respectfully suggest that you are wrong, on these grounds: uninstalling your app didn't resolve the problem, but a restore point did.

I'd like to arrange a refund, partly because of your dismissive way in which you invited me to further debug interoperability issues for you, without regard to 4+ hours of debugging already done.

Please tell me how to arrange a refund.

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Just tell us that you're requesting refund here or using Contact us.