1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 1809 Update Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seungjin Lee, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

2. Ravi Tak

Ravi Tak New Member

@Seungjin Lee Software is not stable. It deactivates sometime automatically and I have to activate it couple of times. I cleaned up the machine again and now I'm unable to deactivate the key using online or offline method.

Error - Something went wrong - we're investigating it.

upload_2018-12-11_15-56-56.png

upload_2018-12-11_15-57-43.png

Please help!!!

3. Ravi Tak

Ravi Tak New Member

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello, Ravi Tak,

Sorry for the problem. I have deactivated your key and the error code 24 comes from the following reason:

5. Ravi Tak

Ravi Tak New Member

@Seungjin Lee Thanks for your quick advise. Strange is I tried to de-activate using both online & offline options.. It fails and that's why it says key is in use.

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@Ravi Tak, I have already deactivated your key and increased the deactivation limit by 2. So just try to activate your key again. :)

7. Wallace Winfrey

Wallace Winfrey New Member

I upgraded to 1809 last night and after discovering that Across Center was permanently broken (as opposed to the "temporarily broken" scenario I have experienced 6-7x in the last year in which I have to remove and re-add clients and/or uninstall and re-install the server software), I have now discovered that my activation key no longer works. Can you please fix?

BTW, when can we expect a fix for 1809? It's been almost 3 months.

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Please try to activate your key again. I guess it will be the Q1 of 2019.

9. Wallace Winfrey

And my key is once again inactive. Sigh. It shows up as "deactivated", and attempting to activate it results in "Error Code: 1". It is quite discouraging how frequently this happens, not to mention I'm back to having to remove & add my OSX client every couple days.

Seriously, I would pay double or triple for a bluetooth KVM that actually worked and didn't have these never-ending issues.

10. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@Wallace Winfrey, Sorry about the problem. The error code:1 is a general failure error that doesn't give any meaningful reason.

Your key can be automatically deactivated when the system time in your PC had been changed. In this context, you can meet the case if you are using the V2.beta, which changes the system time when a SSL certificate is issued. (We will change the future version so as not to change the system time.) So if you are using the V1, I think the only reason of key deactivation would be the system time change.

What version of Across (V1.x or V2.beta) are you using?

11. Wallace Winfrey

Well, given that 2.0 is broken due to upgrading to Windows 10 1809, I did as recommended, and downgraded to 1.30.

12. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@Wallace Winfrey, Thanks for the answer. Are you using multi OS's in a single computer? For example, bootcamp on Mac?

From my experience, I have noticed that the product key is automatically deactivated due to the system time change during OS switches (Windows to Linux, or Windows to macOS).

13. Wallace Winfrey

No time change, no dual booting.

14. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@Wallace Winfrey, Please try the following:
    1. Download the TA.zip from https://download.acrosscenter.com/files/TA.zip and unzip it.
    2. Go into the unzipped TA folder and you will see 32-bit & 64-bit folders.
    3. Go into one of them depending on your Windows version and run TurboActivate.exe.
    4. Please try to activate your key using it. If the problem persists, run it "Run as Administrator" from its right-click context menu, and then try to activate your key.

15. Kneelo Baguio

Kneelo Baguio New Member

Hello Seungjin! My License had just expired yesterday. I hope you understand that I'm hesitant to renew now, if there's no solution for the Windows 10 1809 Update Issue yet and just continuing to use an old version still for several months now. Any progress on this? Perhaps I can just continue using version 1.3 but with a consideration to extend my previous license, until the new update is already available? I'll renew by then. Thanks!

16. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello Kneelo, I understand your hesitance. The Win10 1809 is not a big problem. The real problem is we are rewriting all the codes cleanly with modern techniques and having systematic structures. It is the moment of 90% done for the work and I believe my decision for whole rewriting is right. Very sorry for delaying release, but please understand we are doing our best to release the next version at the earliest.

I have extended your license to be expired in March, 31. The next version will be available by then. :)

17. Kneelo Baguio

Kneelo Baguio New Member

This very well appreciated Seungjin! I’m glad it’s almost done too.

18. Tim Annis

Tim Annis New Member

Same story, just a few months behind. Just upgraded Wind0ws, and then downgraded Across. Licence key activation fails with error 5.

Any news on the fix for this? It appears to have been an know issue for months.

19. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@Tim Annis, Hi, I have deactivated your key and then please try to activate it again.

20. Tim Annis

Tim Annis New Member

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.