1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standalone/portable Windows Client

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by JHF, Sep 9, 2017.

1. JHF

JHF New Member

First of all... I just installed this, and bought my first year as soon as I saw that it worked. Watching the mouse move on my other laptop was worth $6.99, even if I never use it again.

I have two laptops.
    • My company computer
      • I have administrative rights
      • running the across server.
    • Customer provided computer
      • Locked down
      • I do not have admin rights
      • Cannot install Across Client
    I would like to request a user-mode (standalone/portable) windows client that can be run to provide the same functionality as the installed Across Client would provide.

While I can live with having to use a hotkey to switch back to my primary computer... I would really rather have the client.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello JHF,

Welcome to Across Center and thanks for your purchase and suggestions. :)

3. Tim Annis

Tim Annis New Member

Just purchased a license. Loving the app. Although I have discovered that by setting the client computer to Absolute Coordinate Mouse, the mouse pointer does switch nicely from my laptop to the desktop, it would be nice to have a portable app for the shared clipboard.

4. sarimarton

sarimarton Member

I'd like to +1 this request, for the same reason mentioned above, VPN locked work laptop. I've been using it over bluetooth with nothing installed on the client from a stripped-down macOS Big Sur server w/ bluetoothaudio disabled, which made it stable, but still, bluetooth connection is many times jerky, unacceptable for work conditions. I had to fall back to a hardware KVM with which I lose my Karabiner customizations. IP connection would be good, but that needs a client.