1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 1809 Update Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seungjin Lee, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello,

Sadly, Windows 10 1809 Update has broken Across (Server mode only). Right now we are rewriting all our codes cleanly and then need some time to fix it and release the new version.

In the mean time, we have two options to use Across:
    OPTION1: Rollback to the previous Windows version
    You are able to revert Windows 10 to the previous Windows version by referring to the following site:
    https://windows101tricks.com/uninstall-windows-10-version-1809/

OPTION2: Use the previous Across version - V1.30 (Across V2 (pro) is not available)
    Across for Windows
    Across for macOS
    Across Client for android
    We will do our best to release the next version at the earliest.
    Thank you for your patience.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  2. Kneelo Baguio

Kneelo Baguio New Member

I was able to make V1.30 work temporarily with the updated Windows 10 version 1809. However, upon activating my Product Key, I was prompted - Error Occurred. (Error Code: 5). Please advise. Thanks!

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Kneelo Baguio,

Sorry about the problem. We have to deactivate your product key from our side.
    You are using 2 keys starting with 95~ and BR~, respectively. Please let me know which one is in trouble.

4. Christopher Kenly

Christopher Kenly New Member

I am having the a similar problem with the error of : Error Occurred. (Error Code: 1) the device is connecting and working. However, I can't activate the license.

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@ Christoper Kenly, please check my email reply.

6. Kneelo Baguio

Kneelo Baguio New Member

Hello! The ones starting with 95 is for my laptop which has the Error 5. This is the installation that I’ve temporarily downgraded to version 1.3 to resolve the concern on the Windows 10 1809 upgrade. This is always used in a Server Mode.

The ones starting with BR for my office PC has no problem since I did not downgrade it to 1.3 as I mostly use it in a Client Mode. It is still in version 2.00 beta2.c.

Please help. Thanks!

7. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@ Kneelo Baguio, Thanks for the answer. Deactivation done. Please try to activate your key again.

8. Kneelo Baguio

Kneelo Baguio New Member

Already accepted. Thanks!

9. Ravi Tak

Ravi Tak New Member

Hi Team, I am not able to activate my license Error occurred. (Error Code: 5)

Please help!

10. Kneelo Baguio

Kneelo Baguio New Member

Hello Seungjin! My Error Code: 5 reoccurred as well, when I reinstalled version 1.30 after it encountered some problems not connecting with my other devices. Still, its the product key starting in 95. Requesting for your assistance. Thanks!

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

12. Ravi Tak

Ravi Tak New Member

@Seungjin Lee Thanks but I have installed fresh OS (Windows 10 LTSC B1809), which version of across is recommended for this?

13. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@Ravi Tak, you have to install the v1.30.

14. Fitali

Fitali New Member

Hello Seungjin! My Error Code: 5 reoccurred as well, I reinstalled version 1.30, but not luck activating.

15. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@Fitali, Hi, I need your email address associated with your product key. Just send a mail using above "Contact Us". If you are using 2 or more keys, please let me know the product key in trouble.

16. Ravi Tak

Ravi Tak New Member

@Seungjin Lee Thanks for the advise. It worked fine for server mode on v1809. Now I have v1.30 on Windows as server & v2.00B3 on Mac as client. I get a warning about different versions. Is that a problem? When we can expect a new release?

17. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@Ravi Tak, Glad to hear that.
    To suppress the warning, you need to install the matched version of client on your Mac: https://d2fa0wrz2qwv08.cloudfront.net/AcrossInstaller_1_30.zip

We are very working hard to release the next version at the earliest, but guessing it may take a couple of months...

18. Ravi Tak

Ravi Tak New Member

@Seungjin Lee Across Server v1.30 does not work well with v1809. Every time I reboot the machine, Across wants me to reinstall the software. This is really bad now :(
    I will now format the PC and install v1803.

Another problem is I am not able to deactivate the license. I tried from License Manager & Offline deactivation both failed. Please fix this :(

19. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@Ravi Tak, Sorry about the problem. I have deactivated your key.

20. Kneelo Baguio

Kneelo Baguio New Member

Hello Seungjin! My temporarily installed v1.30 is met with an Error Code: 17 again and I would assume that reinstalling it again would have problems with my key again. Can you deactivate it again? Still, its the product key starting with 95

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.