1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia Shield TV goes to sleep after switching back [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by HOST, Oct 21, 2018.

1. HOST

HOST New Member

hello, community!
    as the title says.

I installed across on my laptop and connected it to Nvidia shield TV android box using Bluetooth
    everything works perfectly so I purchased a licence because it is just what I have been looking for and really cheap too!.
    the only issue I'm facing is when I switch back using keyboard shortcut commands example left and right ALT
    the android box goes into sleep mode when I switch back to the laptop, this only happens if I switch back from android box to laptop again is anyone else facing this problem? if so how can I solve this?
    if not has anyone any idea on how to fix it?

regards and thanks in advance!

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi Host,

Thank you for joining us. ;) I have 2 questions about your issue:

1. Have you installed Across Client for android app on your android TV?

2. Have you enabled Autolock on keyboard hotkey? i.e., from main menu > Configuration > Auto-lock on... > Keyboard Hotkey, is it checked?

3. HOST

HOST New Member

hello, thanks for the fast reply :)
    I have not installed across client for the androidTV do I need it? it works perfectly without? I don't get it why I need the app for android.
    and the problem was indeed auto lock keyboard hotkey from the main menu on the across program.

regards

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thanks for the answer. The reason why I asked the two questions is: Across is using 2 BT profiles (HID, RFCOMM), but RFCOMM is only used with the client app. So, if you have not installed the client app, then I thought the source of your issue must be the auto-lock configuration. For your reference, the autolock feature is for a smartphone or tablet PC to turn off its screen during switch back.

If you don't feel a need for the client app, no problem in using without installing it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  5. HOST

HOST New Member

thanks for the reply and solution and thanks for the awesome program!
    have a nice day