1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macos bug fix idea administrator permission

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alejandro T, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Alejandro T

Alejandro T New Member

Hello!

Since I installed High Sierra (and now Mojave) I took into account dragging files from finder became impossible on a random time (until the next restart) but if I connect the mouse directly to the client I can. Another issue is I cannot give permission to unallowed apps to be run, just nothing happens when I click the allow button, but if I connect the mouse directly to the client y works. So I came to the conclusion that across has to be installed with administrator privileges on Macos in order it to work. Obviously it's just an idea but seems has a strong relation to these issues.

Regards

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Alejandro T,

Thanks for your feedback. :)
    What channel (BT or network) are you using to input keyboard/mouse to the client?

Do you mean that your account is a standard user id without administrator privilege?

3. Alejandro T

Alejandro T New Member

Sorry about answering so late.
    I'm using BT and both machines user are Administrators.

Thank you

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thanks for the answer.
    Is your mouse a BT or USB mouse?

It looks strange. If you are using BT to control a client, I believe the client should perceive it as from a general BT keyboard/mouse.

5. Alejandro T

Alejandro T New Member

It's an usb on (Razer Naga Hex). It has happened to me with a Microsoft (usb too) one. From time to time I can not (for example) drag a file/s from one finder window to another (or any other window, for example attach it to Outlook email, ftp client, etc) and neither can activate security confirmation from MacOS preferences. But if I attach the usb mouse directly to the client everything works as normal.
    I'm just a web developer so I can not be of more help. Hope this mistery gets resolved.

Thank you anyway!