1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Pairing in Across Server Mode

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by loonypac, Aug 8, 2017.

1. loonypac

loonypac New Member

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

That's enough. We'll verify the V2 before its release.

Thanks a lot and Have a good time! :)

3. loonypac

loonypac New Member

4. loonypac

loonypac New Member

Hi,

any news about V2?

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  6. ZenInc

ZenInc New Member

I am having the same problem. I installed the Across software on my 2018 Dell XPS and it works perfectly with my iPhone. But having installed it on my older Latitude E6430, I'm running into the same issue of no BT pairing when in server mode. I do have an Enum key under that registry key, and can use the Bluetooth controller everywhere else, but Across says the Bluetooth controller is off. Any fixes available for this?

7. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi ZenInc, Welcome to Across Center! :)

What OS is your Latitude E6430? If Windows 7, your problem may be this: https://community.acrosscenter.com/...intel-bluetooth-adapters-ac-8260-ac-8265.121/
    In this case, please install the Win 8.1 driver for your BT controller of your laptop, which is available in the Intel download site linked in the above mentioned posting.

Otherwise, please give us more details: PC OS, Bluetooth controller vendor, part number, etc.
    Hope it helps.

8. ZenInc

ZenInc New Member

I'm running Windows 10 Home, 64-bit. Device manager reports BT controller as Dell Wireless 380 Bluetooth 4.0 module.

9. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thanks for the answer. I'm afraid that BT stack may not be the Windows BT stack. Across only works on the Windows BT stack as stated in our homepage:
    Easy solution could be to use a USB BT dongle instead of the built-in BT module. If you want to buy one, I recommend a CSR chipset based dongle rather than Broadcom chipset.

10. ZenInc

ZenInc New Member

Ah. Yeah, it says the driver is Broadcom, so that would do it. Thanks for the help!

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

BTW, have you checked if your BT controller would work well without installing its driver? If it works well without installing its driver, it means Windows BT stack supports the controller.

So, please remove the Dell BT driver and see how it works. If it works well, it means Windows BT stack supports the BT controller and Across will work. Otherwise, you need another BT controller that the Windows BT stack supports. Most of USB BT dongles work with the Windows stack without installing any driver or software.

12. ZenInc

ZenInc New Member

I've finally got a CSR BT dongle, and now everything works. Thank you for the help!