1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Across functionality suffers when using dual displays

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Ward Fenton, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Ward Fenton

Ward Fenton New Member

I have noticed that two laptop computers which have been tweaked to give good "mouse" interactiveness (both moving around and scrolling) change to fairly unusable interaction when those devices have attached external displays.

My testing was with high resolution (retina) laptop displays and 4k monitors so it might be a little extreme but it is how I'd normally want things to work for me and if it is expected to be this laggy, the value to me of using this software just dropped significantly.

Any thoughts? Is this expected behavior?

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

What OS does work on each computer?

Across may not be influenced by screen resolution (I believe, at all). Though they have 4K/5K resolution, all underlying pixel processing is done by OS itself and so we can check the scaled-down resolution in Control Panel for Windows/System Preferences for macOS. Across just captures input devices events from one computer and then injects them to a client computer. I believe those operations will be negligible in every computing works.