1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MacOS High Sierra and Android not working well

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Jose Loureiro, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Jose Loureiro

Jose Loureiro New Member

I bought today an across center license because it seemed to work well.
    I'm trying to connect MacOS High Sierra to a Samsung Tab with android 7.0 but I'm having some issues:

- First I managed to connect both devices and everything worked fine until the mouse started lagging on the tab but also on the mac. After disconnecting and reconnecting the mouse it seemed to be fixed.

- Then, when writing an e-mail I noticed that the client keyboard was in English and I was unable to change it (my keyboard is Portuguese, so I have to write characters like ç and é and so on). I tried to change all the keyboards to Portuguese but no success... How can I fix this?

- After restarting the computer, I was unable to use the mouse on the tab! After many tries and retries and unsuccessful attempts I managed to connect both devices (Still don't know how yet), but the mouse cursor does not appear on the tablet. The keyboard works but I cannot see the mouse anywhere and it stays locked on the client, forcing me to disconnect the bluetooth on the tablet in order to regain control of the mouse on the mac.

I must confess that I'm a bit disappointed with the software because when I used the trial it seemed stable and functional, but after buying the license it became unusable!

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello, Jose Loureiro,

Thanks for your purchase.

All I know is that the method to change between national keyboard inputs in Android, is identical to Linux. For example, shift+space switches between English and Korean for Korean devices.

Have you already read the following posting about the bluetoothaudiod issue in High Sierra? https://community.acrosscenter.com/...-10-13-high-sierra-bluetoothaudiod-issue.118/
    Also it seems like you need to pair your devices again (remove BT pairing and pair them again).

You are free to request refund if you are not satisfied with across. Just send a mail to request refund using the above "Contact us" menu and you will be fully refunded immediately.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  3. Jose Loureiro

Jose Loureiro New Member

Thanks for the quick response!

Today I've connected it and it worked on the first connection. Maybe I did something wrong.
    As for the keyboard, I've uninstalled all the keyboards, leaving only the Samsung keyboard (which I could not remove).
    All the language settings are in Portuguese, and when I press shift+space as you suggested and the device shows a toast indicating that the language is Portuguese-PT, however the keyboard is still in english!
    I don't know what settings more I can change. When the cursor goes back to the Mac the keyboard is in Portuguese! It's a very odd behaviour!

Regarding the refund, I might have been precipitated. But thanks for the info!

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

I'm afraid that you need to install the Google keyboard app in your Tab, but am not sure. How about contacting to Samsung?

For your reference, national input selection on each device doesn't impact on other device. For example, change to Portuguese in your Mac doesn't mean change to Portuguese in your Android device, and vice versa.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018