1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 + Mac High Sierra Intermittent Connection

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by GarethAS, Feb 8, 2018.

1. GarethAS

GarethAS New Member

Hi there,

I purchased Across yesterday and throughout the whole day, the experience was flawless, but coming back today and a connection cannot hold for more than a few seconds before disconnecting. I am using the Mac as the Server.

I have made restarted the software and the devices, unpaired and repaired the devices, regenerated Bluetooth .plist files on my Mac, reset the Bluetooth Module on the Mac including Removing all devices. I've also attempted renaming the Mac (as the name was changing itself whilst using a wireless connection but this has been resolved).

The connection appears to be holding for shorter and shorter periods as time goes on.

I'm now at a loss as to what else I can do to solve this intermittent connection.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

3. GarethAS

GarethAS New Member

That has seemed to solved the connection to the Windows device, but now my bluetooth headphones cannot connect to my iMac... Does this solution mean having to sacrifice one for the other?

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Unfortunately, yes, until Apple has fixed the bug. Another solution could be downgrade to macOS 10.12.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  5. GarethAS

GarethAS New Member

Losing the bluetoothaudio ability, whilst solving the connection issue has fixed the aforementioned problem using Mac OS X as host.

I have now setup Boot Camp on my Mac, using the Windows Partition as Server, and successfully connecting to my laptop. Sadly, I am experiencing the exact same symptoms as I did when using the OS X partition as host. Are there similar instructions to the one's previously shared for which I can rename the bluetoothaudiod windows equivalent file can be renamed? Or is it as simple as disabling the HID in Device Manager on Windows?

Thank you in advance.

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Please just try to remove Bluetooth pairing on both devices, reboot both devices and pair them again. I think it would be a temporary glitch.

7. GarethAS

GarethAS New Member

That's been done. Like I say it's behaving in much the same way as it was when hosting from the Mac Partition.

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Sorry, I have no clue for the symptom in Windows.

9. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Please refer to the real cause of this issue: https://community.acrosscenter.com/...constant-bluetooth-dropping-fix.135/#post-634

So please restore the renamed file (bluetoothaudiodx) to the original bluetoothaudiod, and change the mentioned line in the /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.bluetoothaudiod.plist, and then you are able to use audio devices along with Across.

PS: /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.bluetoothaudiod.plist is locked by SIP and then you need to edit it in the Recovery Mode.

(Will refine this instruction)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018