1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mouse Jumps to center of client

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Peter, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Peter

Peter New Member

I have a simple host + 1 client configuration, arranged as follows:
    [Client Display 1] [Client Display 2] [Server Display 1]

I find that, often, when I move my mouse just over the left of Server Display 1 it jumps all the way to Client Display 1 (on the far left) requiring me to move the mouse halfway across Client Display 1 and all the way across Client Display 2 (a 4k monitor) to get back.

This is very disjointing, and often causes me to type inadvertently in the other machine's foreground window. I've looked through the settings and I'm at a loss for what I might be doing wrong. It happens about 50% of the time I cross the left border of Server Display 1.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Other than this issue, I've loved the product so far, I would hate to give up on it.

2. Peter

Peter New Member

Changing from "Relative Coordinate Mouse" to "Absolute Coordinate Mouse" seems to reduce this behavior. However, when set to "Absolute" I am unable to move the mouse to my Client Display 1. I can move between Server Display 1 and Client Display 2, but not over to client Display 1 (where using the touchpad on the laptop does allow me to move further to the left). Also, this seems to change the mouse speed which is a little disconcerting.

Hoping for a fix that retains the "Relative Coordinate Mouse" behavior without the wierdness of jumping to the other screen.

Also, it often jumps to the center of the display (Client Display 1 most often) instead of the right edge of the display where you would expect it to land.

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello Peter,

Guessing it may come from a bad calculation of cursor position for the 4k monitor.
    Please let me know the screen resolution and scale ratio of each client display.
    Thanks in advance.

4. m_d

m_d New Member

5. Peter

Peter New Member

I simplified my setup, using only one monitor for each machine, and have still been having the problem. My monitor resolution is:
    Left (Client) - 3840x2160
    Right (Server) - 3200x1800

Interestingly, following the advice of m_d, when I close the client application in the system tray, the problem seems to go away. What is the purpose of having the application run on the client, anyway? Mouse movement and copy/paste seems to work fine without it running.

I am using the latest version, 1.33.b.

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi Peter, thanks for your answer. The system tray application is just for user interface and some helper functions.

From this, I have fully got what the problem is. It will be fixed in the next version.

7. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

m_d, thanks for your advice. ;)

8. Peter

Peter New Member

Thanks! When do you expect the next version to be released?

9. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Maybe within a couple of months...

10. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi Peter & m_d,

I am trying to fix this issue but I'd be wrong in finding the reason of this issue.
    Please help me to find the reason of this issue: When the system tray application is running in the client and the mouse cursor came back to server, does the mouse cursor appear in the client? Normally the mouse cursor must be hidden.

Also, in Across Server PC, please let me know the hardware id (e.g., USB\VID_xxxx&PID_yyyy) of your BT adapter by following the below steps:
    1. Open Device Manager (Control Panel > Device Manager).
    2. Go to Bluetooth category and expand it by double-click, and choose the Bluetooth adapter, and then right-click it. From the popup menu, click "Properties".
    3. In the Properties dialog, click "Details"-tab, and choose "Hardware Ids" from "Property" combo-box. It will show the hardware id in the Value field.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  11. m_d

m_d New Member

I currently cannot recreate the problem as I'm already running 2.0 beta 2b.
    The hardware id on the server PC is
    USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2A