1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Across causing Boot Problem

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by matt, Jan 11, 2018.

1. matt

matt New Member

I installed Across on my Windows 10 machine. This is an intel i7 machine with 32 gigs ram, evga z97 classified motherboard, etc. All updates installed. No issues with the machine whatsoever. Unfortunately, when I install the Across software and Pair a device, the next time I boot the computer I get an error. It fails to boot and takes me to the repair windows/reset screen. I reset my computer from scratch deleting all programs and files and it ended up doing the same thing again once I reinstalled Across. I have another machine with almost identical specs and Across runs perfectly on it. I updated the bios and chip set, but still no help. One thing that I noticed was that the error does not occur until I actually pair a device. If I just install the software without pairing the device, I can boot the computer without a problem. I have tried using multiple Bluetooth dongles and disabling auto start as well. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on how to fix it.

2. matt

matt New Member

I resolved this issue. For some reason the across software does not play nicely with the RAM I have installed. I swapped the RAM out and the problem went away. The crazy thing is that when I uninstall the Across software, the computer runs perfectly with the RAM installed. I only have a problem when the Across software is installed.

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

matt, thanks for the info. It seems really crazy. :D