1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New license deactivated itself, won't reactivate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wallace Winfrey, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Wallace Winfrey

Wallace Winfrey New Member

I bought Across Center on December 5th, successfully activated it.

Sometime in between December 5th and today, it decided to deactivate itself, and when I try to activate it online, it says "Error 28". Trying to activate it offline says "Error 28".

Very frustrating! Please fix.

2. Wallace Winfrey

Perhaps the reason it won't reactivate is because it deactivated itself. I will also add, I have not recently changed the time and date on my PC; the date/time is set automatically.

This copy protection is really, really aggressive.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello Wallace Winfrey,

Thanks for your purchase and sorry for the problem.

I totally agree to your opinion. We are just using the license solution from a company. I requested them to resolve the problem during using a previous version of the solution, but they told they had already fixed the problem and it will be reflected to the next major version. Then from v1.33 and v2.00.BETA2, we have integrated the latest version of the license solution. I am also disappointed with the problem because they did tell me that they had already resolved the issue.

I think their resolution would not be to work properly when a network adapter disabled, but to differentiate the source of the problem. I will request them to fix the problem. In the mean time, please follow their recommendation, i.e., leave all network adapters enabled.

EDIT: They are saying they have resolved the problem only on the newer versions of Windows 8.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  4. Wallace Winfrey

I am using Windows 10. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, 2 reboots. Same issue. Support email said to try activating it again. No dice.

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

I think your account in your PC may not have the Administrator privilege.

Please find another mail reply.

6. Wallace Winfrey

So, after not using it for a couple weeks, I decided I would give it one last try before uninstalling and asking for a refund. Today it works. No idea what's different about my PC.

7. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Glad to hear that! :) Thanks for your feedback.
    I have extended your license to compensate for the loss. You don't have to do anything as it will be applied automatically within some days.
    Merry Christmas!