1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Across Version 2.00 BETA1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seungjin Lee, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@Amadeus, thanks for the report. The Bluetooth issue may come from High Sierra. Across Client in High Sierra Mac doesn't work almost at all. I'm afraid that we can't help but wait High Sierra stabilized. In the mean time, please use network connection instead of Bluetooth.

It is the characteristic symptom in Wifi network. It doesn't occur in wired network such as ethernet.

Edit: You don't have to test the case of Windows(Server)+Mac(Client), since Across Client in High Sierra doesn't work almost at all, as discussed in this thread: https://community.acrosscenter.com/...h-sierra-mac-not-connecting-to-windows-10.99/

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@Amadeus, I inspected the problem that you uploaded the log file, and found that the problem come from bluetoothaudiod. I think it may be a bug in High Sierra. You can work around the problem by following the below steps:
    1. Disable System Integration Protection of macOS
    1.1 Reboot your Mac. When it starts, press "Command+R" to enter the Recovery Mode.
    1.2 In the Recovery Mode, run Terminal and run the following command in Terminal
    csrutil disable
    1.3 Reboot your Mac

2. Rename /usr/sbin/bluetoothaudiod to arbitrary other name. You can do it in Terminal by running the below command
    sudo mv /usr/sbin/bluetoothaudiod /usr/sbin/bluetoothaudiodx
    3. Enable System Integration Protection of macOS
    3.1 Reboot your Mac. When it starts, press "Command+R" to enter the Recovery Mode.
    3.2 In the Recovery Mode, run Terminal and run
    csrutil enable
    3.3 Reboot your Mac

PS: If you want to restore to the original state, please repeat the above steps except that you need to replace "sudo
    mv /usr/sbin/bluetoothaudiod /usr/sbin/bluetoothaudiodx" with "sudo mv /usr/sbin/bluetoothaudiodx /usr/sbin/bluetoothaudiod".

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  3. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

Well I decided I would try out your fix this evening, however there happened to be a High Sierra update, so I ran the update, and then tested again using bluetooth and everything seems to be fixed.

I'll continue to keep an eye on things, but perhaps all these issues are behind us!

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@Amadeus, thanks for the comments. Unfortunately the update doesn't seem to fix out the whole problem. Though the problem doesn't occur in the case of Windows client connection, it still occurs in the case of Mac client connection.

5. m_d

m_d New Member

Do you also plan to support Bluetooth PAN as a network connection? Currently (Beta 2) it is not available in the network adapter list.

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hey m_d,

What operations will have meaning through the slow BT PAN?

Currently, the BT PAN is intentionally dropped out in the network adapters list.

7. m_d

m_d New Member

I have three systems beside each other which are all on different networks without connectivity between them. I was thinking about using BT PAN as a network replacement for the new network based features.

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

m_d, Sorry. Across won't support BT PAN. Even keyboard/mouse input through BT PAN won't work smoothly as it doesn't guarantee BT QoS (Quality of Service).

9. m_d

m_d New Member

I was thinking more about being able to use the bigger clipboard and file transfer features. Mouse and keyboard input could stay on direct BT connection.
    But I don't have any idea about the possible impact on the keyboard/mouse control if PAN would be also using BT in the background. ;-)

10. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@m_d, Anyway, thanks a lot for your valuable opinion. :)

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, seb,
    I have fixed the problem and have released the update versions — 1.33.a & 2.00.BETA2.a.

Please note that, in your Windows 7 PC, you have to install the Intel BT driver for Windows 8.1 instead of that for Windows 7 for the Intel AC-8260. The Intel Windows 7 driver is based on the Broadcom WIDCOMM, and the Intel Windows 8.1 & 10 drivers are based on the Microsoft Bluetooth stack, and they are fully backward compatible with Windows 7.

Anyway, sorry for this late fix.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2017