1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surface Pro KB/Mouse completely disabled after installing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by grahamc, Nov 13, 2017.

1. grahamc

grahamc New Member

I’ve just installed Across on my Surface Pro (5) with latest Windows 10. The installer prompted for a restart. Since then, when Windows starts, the keyboard (type cover or USB) touch screen and mouse (also type cover or USB) have been completely disabled.

The clock on the login screen is changing time, so the machine is active, but no input devices are working.

I am almost completely locked out of the machine.

I can get into the Windows Recovery Environment. Booting into safe mode doesn’t work. I’ve also tried renaming the Across folder in c:\Program Files using the command prompt, so that the hook DLLs can’t be found. Still the same problem.

I’ve tried booting a Linux live CD, and that’s fine. The issue is in Windows.

What else could Across have changed, and how can I reverse it?

2. grahamc

grahamc New Member

Managed to resolve this by using a recovery environment to load the C:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEMregistry hive and removing all the UpperFilter entries pointing to drivers beginning with “Clx”. On reboot I had control again and was able to uninstall Across.

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member