1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

keyboard repeat problem

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Alejandro T, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Alejandro T

Alejandro T New Member

If I keep pressing a key, it repeats but after releasing it it keeps repeating. I must press it again (the same key, and not other) in order to stop repeating.
    server: OSX Yosemite
    host: MacOS Sierra

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello Alejandro T,

Fortunately I can reproduce the bug. It will be fixed right now.
    Really appreciate your bug report. ;)

3. Alejandro T

Alejandro T New Member

Thank you for your fast response! Love Across BTW

4. Alejandro T

Alejandro T New Member

Hello Sungjin. Is there going to be a new release with this fix any time soon?

Regards

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hey Alejandro,

I have uploaded the fixed version which is a release candidate for the next coming incremental update of version 1.x. It's just an urgent temporary version for you and then you need manual install. Though the binary files are not signed, there's no problem in running.

If you want to use it, please follow the below steps in both server and client Mac:
    1. Download across_osx.zip from https://download.acrosscenter.com/tmp/across_osx.zip to your account's Downloads directory and unzip it by double-click on the zip file in Finder.
    2. Open a Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal) and run the following 3 commands:
      • cd ~/Downloads/across_osx
      • sudo cp -f ./acrossd /usr/local/sbin
      • sudo cp -rf ./Across\ Center.app /Applications/Across
    3. Finally reboot your Mac.

The official release for the V1.x and V2 will come within some weeks.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

The 3rd command must be sudo cp -rf ./Across\ Center.app /Applications/Across
    Sorry!

7. Alejandro T

Alejandro T New Member

never mind, I realised, and the first has an s after Download cd ~/Downloads/across_osx
    I installed the client and there is no repeat at all, even the "normal" repeat. I will install now the server and check if it still behave the same. I iwll tell you soon

Thank you!

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Found that key repeat works well on all devices EXCEPT my ipad (iOS 10.3.3).

9. Alejandro T

Alejandro T New Member

Confirmed. Keyboard repeat is disabled (even if I change speed settings on keyboard pref panel) on client and server. Not a big deal for me (I prefer this to the infinite repeat bug) but think it should leave users set system keyboard repeat speed preferences.

10. Alejandro T

Alejandro T New Member

It is werid, in apps like chrome or sublimetext there is no repeat at all but if I use a music software for example it repeats notes as expected. And delete works on every apps!

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Checked that it works without any problem in all devices including macOS 10.12.6, Android devices and Windows devices, except my ipad. I think it may be an iOS bug.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  12. Alejandro T

Alejandro T New Member

It could be I touched something when I tried to disable keyboard repeating myself. Thank you! ;)

13. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

No problem. You're welcome. :)
    If you have any issues, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you!

14. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

For Windows Users reference, this bug is in macOS only.