1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Pairing in Across Server Mode

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by loonypac, Aug 8, 2017.

1. loonypac

loonypac New Member

Hi,

I tried your software on different Platforms (OSX, Windows 8.1).
    On OSX Across Server Mode works fine and I can pair Windows and Android Devices without a hassle.
    When turning around the Server Mode on my Windows Device, that works fine as a Client, I have no chance to activate the Pairing. Bluetooth Icon shows deactivated although Bluetooth is activated. I attach two screenshots of the Device Manager and the Across Center Main Page. What is wrong? It is very important for me to set the Windows Device in Server Mode, because I want to use it with an Android Device. Perhaps you have an idea…

Thanks for support :)

Attached Files:

• AC.PNG
      AC.PNG
      File size:
      33.9 KB
      Views:
    • DM.PNG
      DM.PNG
      File size:
      36.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello loonypac,

Sorry to hear the problem. I need your help to resolve the issue. Please follow the below steps and see whether it work or not.
    1. From the main menu of Across Center, click "Configuration" > "Autostart..." > "Disabled".
    2. From the main menu of Across Center, click "Mode" > "Exit".
    3. Download the test file from this link: https://download.acrosscenter.com/tmp/DrvTest.zip
    4. Unzip the downloaded file and duplicate 4 exe files to "\Program Files\Clixon\Across" using Explorer. There is 32- and 64-bit version in the unzipped folder. So please choose one of them corresponding to your PC OS.
    5. Run the duplicated AcrossCenter.exe, and see how it works. It could work or not. If there is a messagebox, please let me know what it is.

Thanks in advance for your help.

3. loonypac

loonypac New Member

Hello Seungjin,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. I did the steps and get a debug message: Error 001. Bluetooth Icon is deactivated.

Best Regards

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thanks for your test. Please capture an image by the following steps:
    1. Type "regedit" in "Run" from Windows Start and run "Registry Editor".
    2. In the "Registry Editor", go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\BTHUSB\Enum", capture the registry editor and please upload it.

5. loonypac

loonypac New Member

This is what I can capture…

Attached Files:

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

In the "Device Manager", is there the "Bluetooth" category?

7. loonypac

loonypac New Member

Yes, I had sent a screenshot of it in the first Post.

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Ahh, I think I got what the problem is. Short story is that the BT chipset vendor may prevent our across from installing the related driver on their driver, by just hiding the related key. There must be "Enum" key under the BTHUSB for normal situation.

This is not easy problem to resolve it for your instant application. I'll get back to you at the earliest with workaround.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  9. loonypac

loonypac New Member

Hey Seungjin, thanks a lot for your very fast support. If you'll find a workaround, please let me know. I will be patient in awaiting V2. Will I get an information, when it is published?

10. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

OK, I will. :) It will be released within 3 weeks and our licensed customers and community users will be notified upon releasing, then you will.

11. loonypac

loonypac New Member

3 weeks is ok for me. Thank you!

Btw I found an Enum under CurrentControlSet. Could this help?

Attached Files:

• CCS.PNG
      CCS.PNG
      File size:
      120.5 KB
      Views:
  12. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

It's not related with our across operation. You will see that there is Enum key under each service item by looking at "btwampfl", "BthHidEmulx", "mouclass", "kbdclass", ... The Enum key under the BTHUSB is intentionally hidden by the BT chipset vendor.

13. loonypac

loonypac New Member

Aha, ok! :)

The vendor's intention to hide it is a mystery for me :rolleyes:

14. loonypac

loonypac New Member

Btw: Across on Mac is a Dream. I will recommend it. Have a good day!

15. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thanks a lot and have a great day!

16. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  17. loonypac

loonypac New Member

Hey Seungjin,

again thanks a lot! But it's the same Problem: Server mode indicates Bluetooth Off. Client mode works fine. This time there is no Debug Message.

Best Regards

18. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi loonypac,

Thanks for your test. Would you please let me know your PC model number? It will be good to confirm the V2 before release.

19. loonypac

loonypac New Member

Where can I find the model number?

20. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Is it a laptop or desktop?