1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Across Center and Intel Wireless Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Andrew Brown, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Andrew Brown

Andrew Brown New Member

I've had this problem on two different Windows PCs now, both running Windows 10 Pro:
    1. I run/enable Across Center
    2. I look at Device Manager, and find "my Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)" device is disabled. If I open properties, I find the device status is: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"
    I've already followed advice in these forums for switching back to the Microsoft Bluetooth stack. I've been unable to do so. I uninstalled Intel Bluetooth drivers from Programs and Features. I deleted the Intel Bluetooth service from my services using sc delete. I even temporarily disabled Windows File Protection/System File Checker (!) and deleted all files I could find named ibt*.* under C:\Windows .

Still, these files come back after a reboot, and Windows insists on using Intel Wireless Bluetooth. I tried following instructions in your FAQ for selecting the Microsoft Bluetooth stack, but without success (there is no "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" option available to me when I choose "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer").

At this point, I don't see what more I can do without putting the integrity of my PC at risk. Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello Andrew Brown,

I'm sorry to hear that.
    Please give it a try:
    1. Remove Across and Reboot your PC.
    2. Remove the "intel wireless bluetooth" in Device Manger by right-click on it and clicking "Uninstall" from the popup menu.
    3. Restart your PC. After restaring, Windows will try to install the device driver for the Bluetooth adapter.
    4. After confirming that the BT adapter works properly, install Across and reboot your PC.

Hope it helps.

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

One more thing, you don't have to install the "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" for your BT adapter. Please let Windows pick and install the correct one for it.

4. Andrew Brown

Andrew Brown New Member

These steps worked -- thank you for the quick reply!

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Awesome! :)

If you have any problems, please feel free to let us know.
    Thank you.