1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pairing Process failing - Error Code 7

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Jeremy Mancini, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Jeremy Mancini

Jeremy Mancini New Member

Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Home and have been using this software daily for the past few months. All of a sudden a couple days ago it stopped working. I unpaired the client computer to try and reset it, but on the server when I try to initiate pairing I am getting the following message:

Failed to initiate pairing process. Please check the Bluetooth controller in your computer.
    Error Code: 7

I haven't made any changes to either computer so I'm not sure what's going on. Also, I noticed in the days before it stopped working that the mouse started getting slow / choppy on the client computer. Not sure if that's related.

Would love to get this back up and running, thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Jeremy Mancini,

Please let me know the hardware id (e.g., USB\VID_xxxx&PID_yyyy) of your BT adapter by following the below steps:

1. Open Device Manager (Control Panel > Device Manager).
    2. Go to Bluetooth category and expand it by double-click, and choose the Bluetooth adapter, and then right-click it. From the popup menu, click "Properties".
    3. In the Properties dialog, click "Details"-tab, and choose "Hardware Ids" from "Property" combo-box. It will show the hardware id in the Value field.

Thanks in advance.

3. Adrien Thob

Adrien Thob New Member

Hi Seungjin Lee,

I tried running the trial version of the software (to see if it could be useful for me) and ran in the exact same problem. In my case my BT adapter has 2 hardware ids:

USB\VID_0A5C&PID_6412&REV_0112
    USB\VID_0A5C&PID_6412

Hope you could help me too, thanks

Attached Files:

4. pbochard

pbochard New Member

I tried to run the trial version this morning as well and am getting this same error. My hardware IDs are:

USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2B&REV_0001
    USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2B

5. G C

G C New Member

I am experiencing the same problem on my laptop running Windows 10 Home (Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763).

If it helps, I had the same problem a few weeks ago after installing Across v2.09. Since then, I have installed Across 2.11, but have the same issue.

6. Woodsie

Woodsie New Member

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same issue trying to connect Lenovo Thinkpad to iPhone 8 on IOS 13.3.1

My bluetooth hardware id is:
    USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2A&REV_0001
    USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2A

I am trying to test out the trial version before paying for the paid version as this would be more useful than another bluetooth keyboard if I can get it to work.

Thanks!

7. admin3389

admin3389 New Member

我也尝试在iOS 12.0.1上将mixplus连接到iPhone xr时遇到同样的问题
    我的蓝牙硬件ID是:
    USB \ VID_8087&PID_0A2A&REV_0001
    USB \ VID_8087&PID_0A2A
    谢谢您的消费!

8. Jake C

Jake C New Member

Across suddenly stopped working for me as well. I'm a paid user. Is there a workaround?

Bluetooth hardware IDs (Microsoft Surface Go):
    USB\\VID-0CF3&PID_E201&REV_0001
    USB\\VID-0CF3&PID_E201

9. Vikarti Anatra

Vikarti Anatra New Member

Windows machine shows error code 7

USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_8891
    USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001
    Custom built PC, BT adapter is usb stick.
    Adapter itself is working and can connect to my Note 10+ (at least transferring audio in Your Phone works and it require device to be paired).

10. sc111

sc111 New Member

Hi i get this error code 7 also, testing with trial version, can you help?

USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21EC\214986014566 on one PC is a usb adapter

USB\VID_8087&PID0AA7\6&1ff8b909&0&13 is on second computer is intel inbuilt bluetooth, on this pc i can get the "add" pairing to get as far as advertising the keyboard, but i cant detect the keyboard on the other pc

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

You don't have to install any accompanied software for your dongle (CSR chipset based) since Windows already has its driver.
    If you had installed them, please remove them and then retry.
    Cheers

12. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

You don't have to install any accompanied software for your dongle (Broadcom chipset based) since Windows already has its driver.
    If you had installed them, please remove them and then retry.
    Cheers

13. sc111

sc111 New Member

I just uninstalled, inc driver, plugged it back in, and get same error code 7 when trying to pair

btw when i go to device manager / bluetooth i have several devices listed, even tho i only have the dongle, and no inbuilt bluetooth, idk if thats relevant but thought id mention it, the list looks like this;

> bluetooth device (RFCOMM protocol TDI) - under properties says manufacturer microsoft and lociaction broadcom BCM20702 (which is my dongle)

> bluetooth HID emulator - manufacturer clixon , location microsoft bluetooth enumerator

> ... 4 more rows same as above...

> broadcom BCM 2070 - which is my dongle

> microsoft bluetooth enumerator - location broadcom dongle

> microsoft bluetooth LE enumerator - location broadcom dongle

is this normal to have so many devices appearing when i only have the dongle?

wondered if they might be conflicting

in addition to this error code 7 issue with my pc using dongle, i also have the issue with the pc using intel belutooth whereby its advertsiong keyboard but cant see it as an available device on the other pc

thanks

14. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Here is the screenshot for my dongle that is slightly different than yours in the dongle revision number.
    [​IMG]
    My dongle works fine without any error.

Sorry. I have no idea.

Cheers

15. sc111

sc111 New Member

mine looks like yours in screenshot, so ok its not to do with that

id just like to figure out if my error code 7 is due to a problem in my pc or some other configuration that i have, that i need to fix, before purchasing

i can see others with error code 7 also in this thread, some of them were saying they were using trial version also, i dont see any resolution for most of those

16. sc111

sc111 New Member

PS.. i am also getting error code 3 occasionally as well as error code 7

can you help?

thanks

17. Daniel Wigdor

Daniel Wigdor New Member

Hello, I am a long-time user who didn't install it on his new machine until now. Although I am able to add my iPad via the bluetooth screen in Windows, when I click "add" in the app I get error code 7. I followed the instructions above re Hardware Ids; what I see is BTH\MS_RFCOMM.

I note that it seems the software attempted to install a "Bluetooth HID Emulator", but that this "device not started". Here are the details:

Device BTHENUM\{308a4c5a-1f45-4e63-82a5-422fb8a881df}_LOCALMFG&0000\7&3434dca7&0&000000000000_00000000 had a problem starting.
    Driver Name: oem36.inf
    Class Guid: {e0cbf06c-cd8b-4647-bb8a-263b43f0f974}
    Service: ClxBtHidEmul
    Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters:
    Problem: 0x0
    Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

Last edited: May 8, 2023
  18. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hey, Daniel Wigdor,

Thanks for your love to across. :)

I am afraid your BT adapter might be from MediaTek or RealTek. Please refer to our reply from other user support request with the same problem.
    The user bought a TP-Link CSR USB dongle and fixed the problem.
    I hope it helps.