1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth adapter deleted after installation

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by shrelock, Apr 15, 2017.

1. shrelock

shrelock New Member

Hi, my bluetooth adapter cannot be recognized by the computer after installing the latest across center.
    Background:
    OS: Windows 10 Pro, latest version (As of 2017/4/15, with all major updates installed)
    Hardware: Alienware 15 R3, BT adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4
    Software Version: Across Center 1.30, English Version

What happens:
    I installed the software, things went fine, I can type to my iPad using my device.
    But when I restart my computer, my bluetooth is not working, with message in the setting saying "bluetooth is turned off".
    I've tried to figure out what had happened, and my current conclusion is that (and it's likely to be true) installing this software somehow leads my computer to delete the bluetooth device.

Details:
    I viewed the detailed events logs of my BT device, and it did show that my device was deleted for some reason. Because I can't really understand what happened, I put the event log in the google drive. This can be accessed through the link down below.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our across.

Please test how it works when the Qualcomm driver is not installed.

1. Remove the Qualcomm driver by following the instruction:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UNINSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    Manual Uninstall

[Windows 10]

1. Start Windows and logon with an administrator account.
    2. Press "Win+X" key, then press "M" key to open Device Manager.
    3. Double-click Bluetooth.
    4. Right-click Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1.
    5. Click "Uninstall".
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Reboot your PC and see if any problem would occur.

3. shrelock

shrelock New Member

I've done that, and the Bluetooth went down instantaneously.

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thanks for the test. When your PC restarted after uninstallation, have you checked whether the Bluetooth-category is available or not in Device Manager?

5. shrelock

shrelock New Member

I was stuck at the uninstallation process for about half an hour and I have to abort the uninstallation, during which period the Bluetooth function is unable to use.
    For your second question, I'm not sure. But when my Bluetooth device was deleted by some mysterious reasons earlier, I could not see Bluetooth-category in the device manager

6. matteuno

matteuno New Member

Same problem here dell xsp13 9360 16215 windows build - your software doesn't work properly with 4 different windows 10 devices (Lenovo Yoga Book, XPS13 9343, XPS13 9360, Surface Pro 3). Which is a pity because the idea behind your app is amazing - if it would actually work

d

7. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

As I said in the other thread, we're developing the V2 of Across and its beta version will be available within some weeks. In the mean time, I'll focus on developing the V2 and will fix the issue after releasing the V2 beta. Thanks in advance for your patience. ;)

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

I think some BT chipset vendors are not favorable to our across, and update their drivers for across to not work properly. But no problem, think it's natural. We can make across work properly unless they use their own BT stack instead of the MS Windows stack.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017