1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth pairing worked at first, on reboot no longer does

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Richard Cummings, May 14, 2022.

1. Richard Cummings

Richard Cummings New Member

Hi
    Just started using Across and love(d). When I first installed it, I had it working perfectly. I even bought a Pro license. But now I'm having a major problem.

When I first installed across I paired my android tablet by bluetooth via the app just fine, a samsung galaxy tab s7+. Everything worked beautifully and even rebooting the computer, Across auto-reconnected to my tablet, which had remained on the whole time.

After turning off both devices and turning them back on the next day, Across wouldn't connect them. I decided to try re-pairing them, so I deleted the tablet from windows, and the windows laptop from my tablet. But when I tried to pair again through Across, I'm now getting the bellow error. I am clicking Add under bluetooth Pairing, and it says:

Preparing the Pairing Process. Please wait

The preparation time of the pairing process is becoming abnormally long. Please wait.

Failed to initiate pairing process. Please check the Bluetooth controller in your computer. Error code: 7

Help, what do I do? I would normally simply uninstall and reinstall, but I realize I can only do that twice before my newly minted license expires. So what broke and how do I fix it?

I did try pairing under windows, which I can do, but it does nothing to get Across working, as expected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT:
    i should mention this is on Windows 11 Pro, on a Samsung laptop

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,

Please try the following:
    1. From the main menu in AcrossCenter, click "Recovery" > "Reinstall Driver" and see whether it would resolve the issue.
    2. If your problem still persists, please try to remove and reinstall our app. As install/removal is totally different from license activation/deactivation, you can freely reinstall our app.

Thank you.

3. HiroMike

HiroMike New Member

I use the Bluetooth Connection paradigm. This worked for me - on my CLIENT machine you cannot open the Across Center in client mode - so I switched to Server Mode on my client machine, opened Across Center, clicked Reinstall Driver, then switch back to Client Mode on the client machine.

It is obvious to me "now" but wasn't intuitive in the beginning.

I had the state where the Server machine was connected to the client, but the client was not connected to the Server. It was weird - I could mouse INTO the client from the server, but I couldn't mouse back into the server from the client. The tray icon on the client was key to my troubleshooting - it was GRAY not "yellow" - so the client couldn't see the server.

Huge thanks for this app - it is a lifesaver. I have one machine tied to a work VPN and a personal machine on my home network - other tools need the machines to be on the same network - using bluetooth is just brialliant - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, HiroMike,

For client mode, you don't need to reinstall the driver.

I think your client PC must remain secure so it could not support Bluetooth RFCOMM profile (for general data communication). That'd be why the tray icon is gray. I mean across client in your client PC would be blocked by any security SW. Please try the absolute mouse mode instead of the relative mouse mode in your server PC.

Thank you.

5. HiroMike

HiroMike New Member

Reinstalling the drive on the client machine WORKED - I am able to mouse back and forth. Hope this helps someone else!