1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 11 BSOD On USB Connect/Disconnect

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Amadeus, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

I believe there is either a new issue in the latest Across or an incompatibility with my new computer, but due to the nature of the crash, not sure how I can get more info.

Basically what I found, after installing Across on my PC to run as a client, when I connect or disconnect a USB keyboard (or any other USB device), windows may randomly blue screen of death, with an error message pertaining to something regarding a USB issue. Not sure if there's a way I can get these crash dumps for you, but happy to post them here if you know where they exist. I'll also try to get a picture of the exact crash screen here in a bit to add to this post.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hey Amadeus,

I admit that our Windows drivers have some problems that can occur BSOD. Actually I have a plan to fix them after support file drag and drop.

1. Please let me know your PC model. If I can get the PC, I can reproduce the BSOD and resolve it easily.
    2. You can get minidump files saved on each BSOD. However you need to configure its setting to allow Windows to save them. For the info, please refer to this site: https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/minidump-fix-blue-screen-of-death

Once you get the minidump files, please upload them.
    I will do my best to fix the issue and your cooperation will be appreciated much.
    Thank you.

3. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

I actually have a sort of custom build from https://maingear.com/, the specs are:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
    Intel Core i9-12900K
    ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WIFI D4
    64GB Kingston FURY Renegade RGB DDR4 3600MHz (2x32GB)

I'll look into getting the dump stuff setup for a BSOD soon and get one uploaded here

4. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

I've attached a zip of the crash that i recreated with the software installed, hopefully this helps!

Attached Files:

5. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

How long do you think it will take for a fix? Tough to not be able to use Across with my new PC :D

I'd be happy to just run an artisanal hack fix build until a proper fix can be rolled out too if you have any way to just try/catch the error somehow

6. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

Another question I have -- is there any way I could try to download some older versions of Across to see if they might be work?

Unfortunately I have to use Synergy atm until these issues can be resolved, since Across is unusable currently :(

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  7. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Amadeus,

Sorry about this delayed reply. Please help me with providing the "Kernel Memory Dump" instead of the mini dump.
    [​IMG]

From the "Write debugging information" dropdown menu, select the "Kernel memory dump". If you could not upload the file in here because of its big size, please upload it on any cloud server and let me know its link.

Thanks in advance!

8. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

So interestingly now -- after i've tried to re-visit the problem -- I no longer get any BSODs with regards to USB device. I think there might've been a firmware update I applied for my motherboard. So that part is good.

However, Across Center still appears to no long work -- I have Big Sur on my Mac -- and I can pair it to the PC, however, it appears that the bluetooth just constantly connects and disconnects, it won't stay connected. Sometimes I can get the mouse over for a split second, but after that, no dice. Everything appears to still work fine with my older PC though

9. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Amadeus,

Regarding repetitive BT connection, please see the Q4.3 in our FAQ page.
    Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  10. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

I'm running Big Sur, and I was unable to modify any of those files -- I even tried disabling csrutil, but the permissions in recovery mode appear too strict now?

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

I think your Mac owner may be apple. :rolleyes:

For me, I installed new version of macOS side by side with existing macOS. That'd be why I can do it. I can't delete macOS default apps such as Siri, Messages, ... in macOS 11. apple may be making macOS into iOS.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022