1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frequently dropped connection over Network

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by sarimarton, Feb 7, 2022.

1. sarimarton

sarimarton Member

Hi,

Initially I had a setup with a MacOS host (Big Sur, bluetoothaudiod disabled) and a Windows 10 clientless client (can't install anything, VPN-protected), and the connection was stable, although the mouse movement was jerky many times.

Recently I managed to request administration rights for the Windows laptop from my employer, in hopes that I'll be able to install Across Center client on it, and I can leverage a more stable mouse movement over the network. I was indeed able to setup the network-preferred connection, all 4 of the connection status indicators are white and stable, but unfortunately this connection has its own problem characteristics as well. Notably, it drops the connection quite frequently so I have to trigger the hotkey again to regain my control on the client. If I set it to "Don't use network", the stability comes back again.

2. sarimarton

sarimarton Member

Looks like this problem goes back to the host machine having no monitor output. I'm not sure about the exact cause, because sleeping is disabled on the host machine, but a feasible workaround seems to be that I remotely connect (macOS VNC) to my host machine with a 3rd device (other laptop or my iphone), and it keeps the connection alive.