1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not working with macOS 12 beta?

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Jeaz, Sep 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Jeaz

Jeaz New Member

Hi

I've just started to test out Across and tried it on my macOS 12 beta installation, and doesn't seem to work unfortunately.

The "add" button is all greyed out. I have added Across Center to accessibility and disk control in the privacy section in system settings as described in the FAQ, but it remains unusable.
    I'm assuming something got broken with the macOS 12 update. Any known workarounds or similar?

2. Jaswanth Bommidi

Jaswanth Bommidi New Member

Hi,

I happen to have the same problem with macOS Monterey(12.0.1) with an M1 MacBook. Does anyone have any work arounds for this issue? Or happen to know any other tool which can share Mouse and Keyboard to an android device?

Thank you

3. zzzyyy

zzzyyy New Member

I have this problem too. waiting to fix!!!!

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

5. sarimarton

sarimarton Member

Not to hijack the OP's problem, but it belongs to the title... it doesn't seem to work in macOS. My problem specifically is that when it supposed to be advertising the Mac as a keyboard, it doesn't. When I use AcrossCenter on a Raspberry PI, it works as expected: advertises itself as a keyboard device, and things work seemlessly. The problem seems to be specific to the Mac. Tested on both a 2017 MacBook and a Macbook Air M1, macOS Monterey.

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

From the 2.23 Release Note:
    3. macOS 12 Monterey: Unfortunately Bluetooth stack in macOS 12 seems to be ruined and across Bluetooth communication does not work properly at all. From this thread in the developer forum – https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/694146, almost every applications seem to be affected. We have no choice but to request Apple to fix Bluetooth issues. For your reference, across has the same binary for macOS 11 and 12. Therefore if you have any Bluetooth issues in macOS 12 Monterey, please consult to Apple instead of us, or stay in macOS 11 or lower.

7. sarimarton

sarimarton Member

@Seungjin, thanks for the response. I actually have a spare 12" MacBook (2017), and I started to clean install different macOS versions to see which versions work. High Sierra: the device gets advertised, but BT-HID drops after a few seconds of connection. Mojave and Catalina: same, pairing and registering the client (Windows laptop) is no problem, but BT-HID barely flashes up and disconnects immediately. I'm going on to Big Sur now without much hope... Is there a macOS versions with which across center is known to work well as a BT-HID server?

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Please see the Q4.3 in our FAQ page.
    Also note the following comments in the Linux User Manual:
    It'd be nice to spawn a new thread for a totally new subject.
    Thanks.