1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not able to enter licence on Mac?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Orvar, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Orvar

Orvar New Member

Hi

I have downloaded the latest version (nov 25) and set the permissions for across in system preferences > Security & Privacy.

But when opening the licence manager and entering my key it refuses to validate my licence.

I have a life time licence...

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Orvar,

Please try this step:
    1. Remove across and then remove the permissions you made
    2. Reboot your Mac with unchecking the "Reopen windows when logging back in" checkbox in the confirm dialog.
    3. Install across and then configure the permissions

Also, please read the v2.23 release note regarding macOS 12 Monterey.

Hope it helps.
    Thank you.

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Do you mean that you can open the license manager window and click the "Activate"-button in it?

When error occurs during license activation, it should show an error code. Does it show an error code?

4. Orvar

Orvar New Member

Hi
    Yes I can open the license manager and I can enter the key and press the button.
    When I do that it there is a blue line for a short while... then it goes away. There is no error code or other message.
    It just blinks for a second then goes back to the original state.

If I try to activate my product key in an offline environment, I get Error Code: 26 when trying to save the activation request file.

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

What macOS version are you using?

The symptom is similar to the case when the system clock is not correct. Please make sure that your system clock must be correct and also your "Region" setting in "System Preferences" > "Language & Region" must be "Europe > Sweden". If you have made any change, please reboot your Mac.

6. Orvar

Orvar New Member

I'm using macOS version 12.0.1
    I had UK in my regional settings but changing it to Sweden doesn't fix the problem.

I have uninstalled an installed, removed and added the permissions (when I remove Accessability permissions for Across, the computer freezes and I have to turn it off and on again) many many times but I still have the same behavior that it doesn't activate my licence. :(
    And that I get Error Code 26 when trying it in offline. What does this mean?

7. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Error Code 26 means "You can't use a product key because your app is already activated with a product key."

Anyway, you'd better to downgrade your Mac to BigSur or Catalina. If you'd succeed in license activation, you'd be unable to use across due to Monterey Bluetooth problems.

8. Orvar

Orvar New Member

So I read in the release notes of version 2.23 that Bluetooth doesn't work on the latest version of macOS.. and I tried to find if I could use across using network connection, but it seems that you first have to setup Bluetooth before you can even assign network settings.

So in practise even if I could enter my licence it would not work anyway?

9. Orvar

Orvar New Member

Aww sucks... I just bought a life-time license ... that I can't use.

How do I get it refunded then?

10. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Yes. For across to work, Bluetooth must be paired between server and client, but you couldn't make Bluetooth pairing in macOS 12.0.1.

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Please request refund by ContactUs and providing your order number.
    Thank you.

12. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Aha,, I think your previous license might be still activated in your Mac. I deactivated your old product key and then please try to activate it again.

Anyway, you need to downgrade your Mac to BigSur or Catalina.

13. Orvar

Orvar New Member

Hi again!

Yes that was probably the problem, (my old license was still active on my Mac), now I could activate my licence.

Still won't work though since I'm on the latest version of MacOS ... will have to downgrade I suppose.

Thanks!!