1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyboard not working on the latest version

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Pavel, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

2. Pavel

Pavel New Member

I just installed it, it does not work. The keyboard has a touch-pad and that one is working, but the other keys do nothing when i press.

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Ok, this phrase can be break-through.

Please put the results of evtest:
    1. Install the evtest package if not available (e.g., sudo pacman -Sy evtest) and run "sudo evtest" in a Terminal.
    2. It will request you to choose a number for a device to test. Enter each number for a device corresponding to your keyboard. (e.g., keyboard, touch-pad, multimedia pad, ...)
    3. Put all the results of evtest command in your reply.
    Thanks.

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

5. Pavel

Pavel New Member

My not working keyboard is Logitech K400 Plus

Attached Files:

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

7. Pavel

Pavel New Member

Thanks:)! Now it is working, as you said the touch-pad does not work, but the volume buttons work. Unfortunately my initial logitech keyboard stopped working after a failed pairing so i am not sure if that one would work also, but the current one K400 is working with this test version and did not work with the 2.23 version.

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Glad to hear that. K400 works as keyboard+touchpad(or mouse). v2.22 regards it as a mouse and v2.23 regards it as a touchpad. Finally v2.23y regards it as a keyboard.

Have enough test with the test version and if you have any problems, please let me know.

Thanks a lot! ;)

9. Pavel

Pavel New Member

You are welcome:) and thank you also for your fast fix:). I have a curiosity if there is a chance that in the future a different keyboard model could be interpreted wrong again? I am asking because i am wondering if this could be avoided somehow.

10. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

With this fix, there is no chance for wrong interpretation. :)

11. Pavel

Pavel New Member

Good to know and also good to know you can offer support very quick:). I will use this version till you release a new version. Thanks again and have a nice day!

12. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

FYI, in the Linux version, there were 2 more bugs in the process of excluding the newly added incomplete parts for file drag-and-drop:
    1. Cursor is badly shown at the screen origin in a client computer whenever cursor returns to the server.
    2. For the absolute mouse mode of Bluetooth input channel, cursor does not come back to the server.

These will be patched in the coming v2.24.
    Thank you.