1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyboard not working on the latest version

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Pavel, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Pavel

Pavel New Member

Hi!

I run across in server mode on Manjaro 21.2 and client mode on Windows 10.
    Since i did the last update to 2.23 the keyboard is not working anymore, this happens on both computers the host and the client. In order to make it work again on the host i need to stop the bluetooth connection, but once i start the connection again the across server connects to the across client and the keyboard will be lost again. I restarted both PCs, but still the same issue.
    It is very annoying since i need this working in order to use both my work and personal computer with the same keyboard.
    It was working fine on the version 2.21 and i would have stayed on that version if the license would still work.

Thanks.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Pavel,

All previous versions for Windows, macOS and Linux don't recognize license any more.

Could you please describe the problem in detail?

Thanks in advance.

3. Pavel

Pavel New Member

I am not really sure what else i could describe. Does the app generate a log so that i can provide it for investigation?
    I have across installed on the Manjaro machine in server mode and on the Windows machine in client mode. It was working fine until i updated it today to the latest version. I followed the steps described in the "how to" linked to the linux installer for the linux as server and windows as client.
    The server connects to the client and vice versa because the mouse is working ok, i can drag it between the 2 computers, but the keyboard once the connection is established stops working on both computers and i can't make it work until i disable the bluetooth on the server machine(Manjaro).
    I also observed that the mouse pointer stops at the border of the 2 computers and i need to drag a little bit more in order to get it on the other machine, this did not happen in the old version where it worked continuously as if i were on the same computer, no lag(stop) at the border. This is more of a inconvenience with which i can live, but the keyboard not working is a show stopper.

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

You are using x86_64 Manjaro 21.2. Right?

What DE are u using? KDE, XFCE, GNONE?

Do you know the exact version of your Manjaro?

5. Pavel

Pavel New Member

Yes, i am using Manjaro 21.2.0 x86_64 KDE

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

21.1.6 is the latest version available in Manjaro site. Could you please tell me how I can download the version?

7. Pavel

Pavel New Member

I guess this version can be obtained by performing the updates available on version 21.1.6. I came to this version by doing all the updates that were available.

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

I'm downloading the latest version. I'll get back to you after testing. Thank you. :)

9. Pavel

Pavel New Member

thank you also for your prompt response:)

10. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

BTW, have you updated across on the Windows client? If not, you have to update across on all computers.

11. Pavel

Pavel New Member

yes, i updated it after i tried without and saw that it did not work.

12. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

What channel are you using for keyboard/mouse input? Bluetooth or network?

13. Pavel

Pavel New Member

bluetooth

14. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Perfectly working fine after fresh install of the latest downloadable version. I'm updating the Manjaro machine...

15. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

I'm keeping stuck during update in the Package Manager. :confused:

16. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Finally, my Manjaro update has done, and across works fine without any problems.

I recommend you to remove Bluetooth pairing and completely uninstall across on all PCs and then reinstall.

Thank you.

17. Pavel

Pavel New Member

Thanks for the try. I did the re-installation on both computers and the keyboard still does not work, but i found out that this happens only on the logitech keyboards connected through the unify usb. In my setup i have a logitech unify usb stick to which i connected the mouse and keyboard. The mouse works, but the keyboard does not.
    I tried to put the keyboard also to separate unify stick but still it did not work. So maybe this is handled differently in the new version because in the old version it worked.

18. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

19. Pavel

Pavel New Member

The keyboard still does not work with 2.22. I tried also the version i had before installing 2.23.
    I had 2.11 and i installed it again just to try and see if it is still working and with this version the keyboard is working ok.

20. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thanks for the answer. I'll try to find differences between 2.11 and its later.