1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete Loss of Keyboard and Mouse Control

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Samuel Barr, May 6, 2021.

1. Samuel Barr

Samuel Barr New Member

This is a really weird one that's difficult to replicate. Host is a Win10 desktop running version 2.20.
    I have two clients, an Ubuntu 18 desktop and a Win10 laptop. Rarely do I operate both clients at the same time.

There are times when going across the boundary of the host PC to enter the boundary of the client, I lose my mouse and keyboard input entirely. Neither the host or the client receives any input, forcing me to shutdown my host via the power button (which hurts me every time) to regain control. Even the mouse hotkey does nothing. It's like my mouse and keyboard entered limbo or something.

When this happens, the client appears to be disconnected and it seems like it's trying to reconnect back to the host, but keeps failing.
    Just today, I had no clients connected (or even powered on) and running my mouse down to the bottom of the screen where a client is set to be did the same thing.

Are there any workarounds for this?

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Samuel Barr,

It'd be a glitch. I found and fixed a bug having the very similar symptoms you described.
    Please wait for the next version release.
    Thank you.

3. Samuel Barr

Samuel Barr New Member

Thanks for the quick reply! That bug fix will save me a ton of headaches, can't wait :)

4. dubious

dubious New Member

I experienced this same problem yesterday with the most recent release.