1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Switch to Server Mode" grayed out (again)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John, Nov 3, 2021.

1. John

John New Member

Hello,

here again with the same "Switch to Server Mode" grayed out issue....

The laptop (physical) I'm using has an embedded bluetooth device (Qualcomm Athereos BT 4.0) which is now disabled. There is a BT-USB-dongle which is listed as Realtek BT 5.0.

For a while the Across Center (2.22) was able to switch to server mode - so yes I saw this working once but due to revive the temporary license I tried to reinstall it.

Now you see that despite BT working fine with a phone connected the Across Center refuse to switch/activate the Server Mode.

Is there any log to understand what Across Center does not like about this computer configuration ?

Thx!

Attached Files:

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, I recommend you to use a Broadcom or CSR chipset based BT USB dongle instead of RealTek.

No log file.

3. John

John New Member

Hello,

following the suggestion I bought "ASUS USB-BT400" which is Braodcom chip based and with that the "Across Center" allowed to switch to server mode. So it seems that not all bluetooth are supported... I suggest the tool to display a warning wehn not fully working BT are detected and providing the chipset suggestion to be use instead.

Now facing some issue when moving the cursor off screen to activate the phone cursor control... but for that I'll open up a new thread.

Thx!

Attached Files:

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Sorry. I didn't know that RealTek makes USB BT chipsets.